26. Challenges

So long story short-I have been trying to get into Wattpad on my computer for a few days, and I was finally able to get in. Not sure why I couldn't get in before but since I upload chapters for my books through my computer, it was kind of a problem.

Anyway, I'm going to be putting out an announcement on my profile about what to expect since I'm finally finished with my finals and will be getting on to updating more frequently. That being said, I may not be updating the books at the same time, but rather might be finishing one first and then moving onto the other. I'm still working out the details. My overall goal however is to finish Catching the Storm as soon as possible as I am closer to finishing this book than the other, not to say it will be ending soon, but yeah.

Also, I realized I said I'd respond to any messages way before this, and I apologize for not doing so, I got unexpectedly busy again. So, I will for sure be responding to messages this week whether they are on my message board or in my private messages.

Anyway, enjoy!

Crystal's POV

"I think I picked the wrong dress," Julie said as she spun around in front of the mirror in her room where I had joined her to get ready.

"And why's that?" I asked her as I was putting on my heels.

"Well, looking at it now," She said. "I don't think it's quite my color."

"You picked it," I reminded her.

"Yes, and it is gorgeous of course, but still I think I should have picked something a little more eye-catching. Something to really get Damien to drop his guard." She suddenly let out a defeated sigh. "But I suppose this is better since he does have a girlfriend and I don't want to be a homewrecker."

I smiled slightly as I continued getting ready. "He doesn't have a girlfriend," I told her.

I heard something drop. "What?" She questioned.

"He lied about that."

"How do you know that?"

"He told me himself."

"And you're just now mentioning this because . . . ?

"Because I didn't need you getting yourself arrested for harassing an FBI agent."

"You're a horrible friend."

"Oh yes," I said as I picked up the mask I had picked to match my dress. "keeping you out of jail, whatever was I thinking."

She let out a groan. "Well now, this is definitely the wrong dress. I need something with more flash."

I looked over my shoulder at the dress in question. It was rather simple, nothing too elaborate. A strapless, white, floor-length gown with a slit up one side and gold sequins and rhinestones all along the top in a large concentration before fading out down the dress.

"You look beautiful," I told her. "And if Damien doesn't notice then he's blind."

"Yes, I know," She said as she stood tall and I rolled my eyes. "And you," She told me. "should have picked something far more distracting. Make Storm's life just a little bit harder."

I shook my head. "I don't want to accidentally attract Branson's attention too." I looked down at the dark green dress I was wearing. It was plain, with no sequins or rhinestones, unlike Julie's dress. It had thin straps, nearly touched the floor, and had a long flowy skirt. "This is fine. Plus, I'm too keen on giving Jackson a reason for his flirty and inappropriate comments."

"He would make those comments if you were wearing a trash bag and fishing boots," Julie said.

I shrugged. "True." I picked up her gold mask and handed it to her. "You ready to go?" I asked.