chap 24: "One happy family."

From a single paper cut,
To million slashes of flesh.
From a droplet of blood,
to the flood of scarlet.
From the innocence of petal,
to the throne of rebel.
I look for my trigger.

Elijah's pov:

Allah.

It's funny how one word have changed my life, I couldn't believe it, if I hadn't endure, the dramatic changes of my life. I was one of the eyewitnesses, Well, now the only eyewitness to how I fell from the twigs of gold's treasure to the bugs belonging to the streams of slums.

I had everything always planned, but this one word had set loose hell on me, everything become unpredictable, unexpected, I went to a stage when I was nonexistence for the world and even for my brother.

My brother. Ethan.

My lips turned up into a smirk, by acknowledging his name, it gave me peace now, but months before when he was freely roaming around on the street, his name brought only strange sensation of rage.

My body guards was following behind me, many of them were guarding at the main door; surrounding the hospital building for my protection. Over decades, I had made many enemies, which were always ready to ponce on me, shot me dead. But I wasn't afraid of them, the body guards are for formality... thinking upon it,  I have never felt fear from anyone or anything.

But if someone goes out of his way to get what is mine, I could become his terrorist, his living worst nightmare. That was what happened to my brother, I trusted him, but he had to go out of his ways, to the extreme, betrayed me and made me kill him.

The strong smell of medicine and dried blood swept away as I steped into white painted corridor passing through two glass doors. The wall were covered with different size of steel coated pipes. It all lead to a strong electronic gate, I stood in front of the steel gate, "password required." A mechanical voice echoed.

I pressed my thumb on the analyser, blue light began to glow, and the door opened, leading to a bright machinery room. The light was created by big round screens on the top.

There amidst of all the mechincal devices working on her, she was sleeping peacefully on her bed, her whole body was covered by aqua tubes, different sounds of rattling and beeping of machines didn't irked me at all.

Her pale paper like skin, dark closed eyes, dried hueless lips,  scattered dust coloured hair, she looked perfect, I felt a soft breeze on my heart and my heart flattened. The only reason of my utter happiness was that because I was the one who caused my dear wife, Juliana to be in this state. Well, actually she forced me to do all that horrible things to her.

I chuckled, vibrating my lungs, I remembered the day when she was covered in blood yet she didn't asked mrecy of her life from me, but she was seeking help from Allah. If she had begged me for her life than she wouldn't be here but that is also expectional.

It's all her fault, if she hadn't been against me, and if she hadn't helped my rebel brother to escape, I would haven't shoot her twice, after beating the hell out of her, but were would be the fun then, which I had when I heard her scream in agony.

My beautiful wife, Juliana have proved to be very beneficial for me, after all I put almost all of my money in her treatment, she did came in handy when I blackmailed our son, to get what gives me pleasure.

Our one and only son Damon, who have been quite rebelish like his Uncle, I think I have to shot him dead too, I think I will be having a lot of fun lately.