46: Damein

Her naked blue orbs was held witness as the everlasting time aged, the snow on the bars of her closed window dissolved into vapours,

As the sun finagle the sky into it's glowing terms, gone were the overhung clouds, with threatening cold and promised snow.

The season flinged so does the people no more digging into freezing cotton, littering grounds, finding ways, building paths.

Alina had a fling too,

"Do you want to use toilet," Lura placed her book down on the sidetable. "Soon it's going to be Asar." Square spectacles idly placed on the bridge of her thin nose.

Alina simply stared back, into her dark space for lens. Laur waited, her signatured blank look --- but gradually it morphed into motley expression - a variety of concern anxiety, somehow fear, fear of losing Alina.

"What is it Alina, are the bandages too tight, are stitches hurting again?" Lura panicked, hurriedly dropping her glasses somewhere, getting up from her chair, lifting Alina's shirt up,

"No - It's fine" Alina calmly interpreted, but Lura was leaning down, anticipating white covers, finger tentatively brushing over rugged surface,

"Does it hurt?" Lura asked, gazing up to her,

Alina muffled the small crack of smile, on her face, she knew laughing would ramble her abdomen  muscles, searing teared tissues.

"No..." she wetted her lips,

"Oh!" She abruptly stood straight,  motes of offened lining her features. "Then you, - simply wanted to mock me?"

"No!, I - uhm, wanted to ask, --"

Lura nodded, eyes encouraging, "Yes..."

"How can I pay you guys back?" Alina strayed her line of sight, eyeing her few volumes on her top bookshelf, the dust which had layered on, in one month.

Lura once again, sat on her chair besides Alina's bed, she was quiet, scrutinizing the girl, she hammed, as if agreeing to her thoughts, before materialising her words.

"I know what a month if bedrest can do to a person, clock in a room, but I prefer you to set your sanity straight."
Lura's saying lingered in the air, untill Alina realised that she was being called absurd.

"I am not going crazy, It's that --"

"Whatever it is," she said a dismissed tone, as boss rejecting, an employer's idea. "Stop blurting nonsense."

Alina gained by her experience knew that Lura was always cruel with her words.

"I can not walk without an aid, can't use toilet, can't cook, nourish myself, just like a child."

"Alina -" Lura tried to block her reason, her voice fine, stern, like sharped with knife itself.

"You can't deny that from past one month you have been feeding me with spoons, inoculating sedates, paying my medicine." Alina rushed with never ending list of favours they have done to her.

She had nothing to offer in return, the guilt flashed, like lightening sliting the sky into two.

"If it's your conscience taking over you then push it right back because you were inches close to dying."

"Just tell me why?--"

Their words overlapped, and Lura regarded her, "Why What?"

Alina sighed, but taking a breath in, holding it, letting it out. It did nothing to sober her up from her frustration.