27: fighters

"A deal with the devil." Damien's lips twitched into a smirk.

"Whatever you name it, I don't care." Alina grimaced at his choice of words, there was only one devil, shytan, a human being calling himself the devil, the concept doesn't fit in her Muslim head.

"Explain, - only the part where I get something - or maybe everything." Damien demanded, a sense of indifference in his tune, a muscle in his jaw twitched, his same signatured smirk forming on his lips.

"Okay, I would teach you, do you remember once -" She wanted to repeat the impeccable speech, she did prepared to coax Damien on his  evolvement in the so called 'deal'.

"I remembered, but I only remember my promise, I don't need your help." Damien hushed her with his rude rather loath full comment, his tone tiped from spiteful to venomous.

"Damien, I need Hannah." She voiced her inner desperation, it was killing her knowing that her baby sister, was held captivative, and Allah knows how she was coping, her thoughts run to worst assumption ever, but then she smooths on that:

Allah knows.

"It sounds like, none of my business." On Damien's reply, Alina's heart was pummelling to death itself. Her only family, her love source.

"Elijah - he blackmails people, I am sure he is blackmailing you too - " Alina tried to reason despite knowing the stubborn behaviour of Damien.

"- I am telling you this first and last time, don't take his name in front of me." He gritted through his teeth, his veins popping out of this fist. His aura screaming danger, but the results were worth taking the risk.

Remind me why are you here, begging to a boy LITERALLY BEGGING and even to a boy A BOY, UNMEHRAM. Alina's inner Halal voice screamed at her, she was like a dead person, resting in grave, but decide to pay a hunted visit, whenever desired. And this was a even she can't miss.

"And it's not a cliché movie blue, so the good girl doesn't get to save the badboy." Damien's contemptuous loud didn't even tamed Alina, by now no people are unborthered by their occasional argument, but some still have their nose deep in their business from some juicy gossip.

"No it's not a movie," Alina swallowed a lump forming in her throat. " - but, you are not a badboy, I am not a good girl,  we both are the same."

"And it would be?" He tipped his curious eyebrow.

"Fighters, we are fighters." Alina's tune changed at the single word.

Fighter, she was a fighter, she had to fight, she throws back all the fear of what will happen after rejection, what new plans, who will she gain assess to Elijah's hostages.

"Aren't we all, fighters,
Every day fighting our war, shielding blood, hidding wounds, holding grudges." Alina hazed her nervousness with her brave, experienced confidential voice.

"Mankind has been in a long run, chasing love, hunting it down, hurting others, but they run in an opposite direction, chasing a dead end.  They get but don't see love, fighting in a wrong battlefield." Alina noticed the stir in his expression, but crumpling at Alina's rant.

"There are enormous fighters but they can't outnumber the one who are still fighting, They all are fighting for love. A war of love." Alina had sublime feeling, she prayed silently. Her gaze rooted to floor.

Ya Allah... Please.

There was a long pause,  something surely snapped, his emotions openly, unblemished in his  green eyes, but he sweeped them all away. Releasing his tamed situation.