Chapter 44: Family Is Forever

Third Person's P.O.V.

Today was a very special day for Megan, her team, and their friends. It was Jon's birthday. Ever since Abigail was born, a whole new side of Jon surfaced and he pretty much got into stuff his wife enjoyed. Megan was always the one to surprise him, but this time, it was different.

She had invited her Shield mates and their girls as well as her bff and friends over to help her set up a small party for him. Jon was currently running errands and his wife and friends were setting up.

"What's Jon's favorite color?" Leighla asked. "Green." Megan replied as she got the cake out of the oven. Leighla poured some of the food coloring into the frosting and mixed it up. They were making the cake.

Phil, Colby, and Zack set up the potato salad, barbecued chicken, fried rice, grilled sausages, and burgers on the table.

April and Galina helped put a 'Happy Birthday' banner at the entrance of the kitchen.

Joe was setting up Jon's gifts on the counter in a nice order.

JoJo was in the living room playing with the dogs.

As for Saraya, she was in Abigail's nursery, getting her ready. However, she was having trouble deciding on an outfit and headband for the baby. She absolutely spoiled her and everything, but deciding on an outfit was a tough thing for her.

"Megan, which one should I dress her in?" she called out. "The dress with ladybugs on it!" Megan replied. "Dude, you have a lot of ladybug dresses!" she called back. "Choose the blue one!" she replied. She went through the closet and found the blue dress with ladybugs on it. She found a matching headband and smiled.

She dressed her goddaughter up and her heart warmed at how adorable she looked. "Where's that smile?" she asked. The baby let out a soft giggle and smiled. "There it is." she said. She picked Abigail up and walked out. She came to the kitchen and saw everything had been set up.

"You have great taste in baby fashion." Megan said as the others laughed. Colby handed Abigail to Megan and the young mother kissed her daughter's cheek.

Everybody finished setting up the small party and Joe was looking out the window to know when his best friend would be arriving. The others were talking with each other as Megan set up the candles on the cake before Galina lit them up.

"Guys! Jon's coming! Shut the lights!" Joe said. Everybody shut the lights off and hid in the hallway. Colby held the cake as Joe joined us. We heard the door open and then close. "Megan, I'm home!" he called out. "One, two, three." I whispered.

I turned on the lights as we all came out singing while I held Abigail.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Jon. Happy birthday to you."

Everybody clapped as Jon smiled at his family. He smiled as Megan went to him and kissed her. He kissed Abigail's head before he blew out the candles. Everybody cheered and clapped with smiles on their faces. "Thanks, guys. It means a lot." Jon said as he wrapped an arm around his wife.

"Ready for presents?" Joe asked. "Hell yeah." Jon replied. They all went to the living room and got each wrapped gift.

Colby and Leighla decided to go first. "Okay, first, here's one from us." she said as she handed him a small wrapped box. He opened it and saw a black box, which he opened, revealing a gold watch. "Thank you so much, guys. I've been wanting one of these." the current Intercontinental Champion told them, hugging both of them.

It was Joe, Galina, and JoJo's turn. "Here's this one from us. Figured it would fit you perfectly well also something to make you look badass." Joe said as JoJo handed him the box. He opened it and smiled as he took out a leather jacket. He pulled out a shirt that said 'Number one guy in her life'. I love it. I can wear this especially when she's a teenager." he told them. Megan laughed as well as the rest before she kissed his cheek.

"This one's from us. You've wanted this for so long and I had to get it for you. Also, it's my way of thanking you for making me Abigail's godmother." Saraya said as Zack handed Jon their present. He opened it and gasped at what he saw. A Las Vegas Golden Knights jersey. "I love it, guys. Thank you." he told them with a hug. They hugged him back with a smile on her dace. "Anything, Bro." she replied.

April and Phil were next. "We decided to have this printed out for you. The both of you. Hope you like it." the young woman told them. She handed Jon the box and he opened it, revealing a picture of him and The Shield holding their championships together.

"This is amazing. Thank you so much." Jon said. "Thank you guys." Megan added as they hugged both of them. "You're welcome." Phil told them. They pulled away and Megan smiled. "I actually got you two." she told him. She handed Abigail to April and grabbed her gifts. She gave them to her husband. He opened one of them and smiled as he saw the family portrait of him, his wife, and their child.

"I love it Babe. Thank you." he said as he kissed her. She giggled before he leaned down and kissed Abigail's head. "Careful with the next one. It's a little fragile." Megan told him. He had a look of confusion before he opened it and everybody 'Awww'ed at the sight. A cute little white puppy. "Her name is Snow White." Megan informed him as he pulled the adorable, little, white puppy out.

"Thank you everybody. This has ben the best birthday ever." Jon told all of them. They all smiled before Galina go up. "Well, who wants cake?" she asked. "Me!" everybody said. They laughed before they all headed to the kitchen. They all got a slice of cake and even gave tiny pieces to the dogs.

Megan went outside for a little bit, holding Abigail in her arms. Jon was next to her, an arm wrapped around her shoulder. "Thank you for doing this, Megan." he told her. "No problem. Just gotta make my man feel special." she told him. They kissed before they looked down at their daughter, the sunset making it a beautiful scene.

"I love you both."

"We love you too, Jon."

"Family is forever."