Chapter 38: Battleground

Ashley's P.O.V.

Paige was already in the ring and I warmed up, already in my gear. I practiced air punches as Paige skipped in the ring.

The heel divas (Tamina, Alicia, Layla, Eva, Cameron, Aksana) were in front of the commentary table on one side of the ring in support of Paige.

The face divas (Emma, AJ, Angelina, Brie, Nikki, Naomi, Natalya) were in front of the ring in support of me.

Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. S.H.I.E.L.D.

I walked out to screaming fans as I smiled. I went down the ramp, slapping fan's hands on the way to the ring. I smiled at the face divas, who smiled at me back, clapping. I got on the apron and did my pose before throwing up a rock and roll sign. I got inside the ring and glared at Paige as she held the Divas Championship.

My music stopped and the bell rang. "The following contest is a Steel Cage match scheduled for one fall! The only way to win the match is to climb the cage and have both feet touch the floor once outside. The first person who does becomes the new champion. However, it isn't for the Divas Championship." Lilian announced.

Everybody even the WWE Universe looked confused.

"This match is for the returning WWE Women's Championship!" she announced as the crowd went wild. She went to a covered structure and unveiled it; revealing the classic Women's Championship.

I felt a smile grow on my face.

"Introducing first, the challenger, from Davenport, Iowa, representing The Shield, Ashley Rollins!" Lilian announced. I raised my arm and the crowd cheered for me as my team clapped.

"And her opponent, from Norwich, England, she is the Divas Champion, Paige!" Lilian announced as the crowd half cheered and half booed.

"Also, please welcome some of the greatest female Divas as special guests for this match." Lilian announced.

Don't treat me like a woman
Don't treat me like a man
Don't treat me like you know me
Treat me for just who and what I am

The crowd went insane as the 9th Wonder herself walked out. "Chyna!" Lilian announced. One of my trainers and idols growing up. Chyna walked down the ramp and sent me a wave. I smiled ad she came into the ring and hugged me. "I hope you win, young one. You really deserve it." she said. "Thanks. Joan. I will." I said. She smiled as she pulled away. I smiled as she left the ring and went to take a seat.

Style and grace
I'm never gonna be done
Lean on in
Now welcome to the queendom

Half of the crowd cheered as the other half booed as the billion dollar princess came out. "Stephanie McMahon!' Lilian announced. She walked down the ramp and sent me a thumbs up, which I returned. She then got a chair and took a seat. I saw her and Chyna give glares, but I would totally have to pick Chyna.

Oh
It's time to rock and roll
Oh
This time I'm in control

She made her way down to the ramp. "Trish Stratus!" She shook hands with me and hugged me. She sent me a wave. I smiled and returned it before she got a chair and took a seat next to Chyna. I couldn't believe a couple of my mentors from back then were here to see me and Paige in this kind of match. All of them being former champions.

(Lita's theme plays)

I looked in shock as one of my best mentors came out and did her entrance. "And finally, Lita!" Lilian announced. Lita walked down the ramp and she slid in the ring and hugged me. I hugged her back before she got out and joined the rest of the ladies.