Chapter 1

Deep beneath the ocean laid Dakota. Her sister Gert lay next to her, peacefully, asleep. The five brothers stood in the halls of their castle in Holloway kingdom, their faces showed nothing but distress. They pitied the moment they had to tell their twin sisters the next mission.

*NEXT DAY*

*DAKOTA P.O.V*

"Gert?" I said drowsily as I adjusted my eyes to the morning sun. She rolled over and greeted me with her warm smile.

"Morning sleepy head, wanna go eat breakfast the boys said they wanted to tell us something?" She asked putting her shell phone down and rolling out of our sea sponge bed.

"Sure." I replied getting out and following her down the hall into the kitchen. Where we met our five older brothers, Aiden (20, light brown hair, tall, easy going), Ethan (19, mature, strong, can be scary), Xavier (18, friendly, quite handsome, dark brown hair, closest to him out of all our brothers), Zayd & Zyon (twin brothers, 17, goofy, funny, immature, blonde hair that reaches their shoulders). Our parents stood behind them, no smile, no good morning, just seven concerned faces staring at us.

"Oh...my...god... someone's died haven't they!?" I cried, eyes wide, jaw dropped.

"Who! Omg, please don't be grandma, please don't be grandma, omg Dakota its definitely grandma, its about her time to go, I mean she is getting old, and omg that big tumour the doctors diagnosed the oth-"

"Gert! No one died!" My Mother cut her off.

"Oh thank god!" she cried.

"However, we do have some...news" my father said, I looked over to Gert, concerned.

"We're visiting the land" Aiden said abruptly, getting it over with.

"We're what? Why!?" I exclaimed.

"We'll explain more on the way hun, but for now all you need to know is that Holloway has been receiving...threats... from a mermaid hunter. He knows all about our kind and has futuristic weapons that could wipe out our entire species."

"Then why are you sending us!" Yelled Gert.

"You're basically sending us on a suicidal mission!" I said angrily. A loud thump came from outside and the house shook.

"Dakota, hey hey hey! Its gonna be alright, we're coming with you, we'll protect you!" Xavier said comforting me with a hug.

"No, you're only saying that because if I don't calm down a dangerous storm will come!" I yelled, pushing him away. My emotions control the ocean and weather, if I'm angry, the waves are horrifyingly big and a storm arises, if I'm happy, the ocean is calm and serene.

"No he's not hun, all the boys are going with you, and we're giving you our best weapons, you've been training for this and your powers are your advantage." Informed my father.

We all continued the conversation about what was going to happen and me and Gert finally agreed to go to land, it's not like we had a choice anyway. We packed our bags and said goodbye to our parents, they had a house set up and a trusted hired merman that would look after us, cook, clean and tend to our needs. We all needed a break after hours of swimming and decided to take public transport, aka the current and riptide, the rest of the way to land.

I woke up, not remembering I ever fell asleep, I looked around and studied my surroundings, my siblings lay asleep beside me. We washed up onto a beach with white sand and beautiful shells. I looked inland and saw dunes joining the beach to the mountains. Fear arose within me making the tide grow high, I had never been so far from home, so I reminded myself to stay calm and decided to wake up Xavier. I gently shook him and with a sleepy grunt he sat up. Because of the rise in the tide my siblings were still half in water, therefore they were in mer form.

"Ahh!" Xavier shielded his eyes,

"Dakota!" he said.

"What?" I said looking down.

"AHHHH!" I said, jumping back and letting out a yelp that woke up my brothers and sister.

"IM NAKED!" I yelled

"Huh?" said my siblings in unison as they turned their heads quickly shielded their eyes.

"I may have forgotten to mention that when you dry...you take human form and your tail transforms into legs..."

"Ugh! Aiden!" I groaned covering my body parts with sea shells.

"Guys we gotta find Jack." Said Zyon.

"Ahhh so that's his name?" Said Zayd.

"Cool so we get our very own butler?" Asked Ethan.

"Basically" Said Aiden.

"Just like home" Said Gert.

They all started drying there tails and covering themselves with shells.

"Alright so remember, no exposing our tails, which means no going near water unless we're all together going for a swim, only use your powers if its an emergency and Dakota, try not to get emotional" Lectured Aiden as we all began walking inland. And by walking I mean constantly falling over to the point where I resort to crawling.

"Im not used to these things!" Said Gert stumbling over.

"Well get used to them" said Ethan already mastering how to so called "walk".

"And Gert, maybe don't call them things?" Said Zayd.

"Call them legs other wise people will get suspicious" Said Zyon

"Or maybe they'll just think we're retarded" Said Xavier shooting the twins and evil grin.

We reached a weird black surface that was rough, hard, and quite hot.

"Okay guys, this is called a road, its quite common, everyday items and objects that humans use will be in the books that are waiting for you in the car." Said Aiden, him being on land with our parents a few times made him more knowledgeable about this kinda stuff.

"Car?" Ethan Questioned.

We all looked up at a long black thing?

"Why is it so long?" Asked Xavier.

"Because it's a limousine!" Said Aiden.

We all got in the long black car, and got to know jack. He gave us some comfy clothes that were nothing like a tail and shell bra. In case you haven't noticed, we're mermaids/merman. Our parents run Holloway city, I guess they are kings and queens of our region. Mermaids brains absorb information quickly and remember it forever. That's what makes this whole learning process quick. We know math, English, science all that, except the mermaid version. The car ride home was long and filled with many car sicknesses. Vomiting? I think its called. Yeah, well its not fun! The world outside of the ocean was quite interesting, there were lots of green trees, plants, grass, a lot of which what I learnt on this boring car ride to what we now call "home".

A/N

*lol this is my first book, chapter, anything ever so sorry if its not that great! I wont be surprised if this doesn't get any reads, I guess I enjoy reading it myself and making it! Janyways hope you enjoyed.*