Chapter 8

*text messages*

I know what u r, and I know u need my help. Don't worry I won't tell anyone, meet me in the janitor's closet. -Alex

Shit.

"Hey Chase, I'll meet you in the carpark I need to get something from my locker." I lied. I ran away before he could reply, I knew he'd just come with me. I ran down the hall, turned right, and found the janitors office. Alex was waiting for me in there and I began to get nervous. This didn't help with the weather situation. My emotions made it worse. I opened the door, went inside and shut it quickly.

"Alex! What the hell!? How did you find out?" I said in a yell whisper tone.

"I've read a lot about them, I lied before, obviously you know about werewolves, considering you're a mermaid, right? Well...I'm a werewolf. Listen we can talk more about it later, but you can trust me. This rain...your tails gonna form if you get wet isn't it?" I nodded.

"Well I have an umbrella, you're still going to have to use your heat spell, but it'll be less obvious." I smiled, it was kinda nice that I had someone who knew.

"We don't have much time, let's go!" He said before opening the door. We ran to the front of the school and Alex got his umbrella out. I started my heat spell and he led me to Chases car. I thanked him and got in quickly. These spells drain mermaids out when there not in salt water, if I did it any longer I would've passed out.

"I could've done that." Chase said frustratingly.

"Sorry..." I said, quietly.

"It's fine, it's not your fault, you don't have to apologise." He said. Chase turned to look at me and leaned in for a kiss. The tingles erupted in my lips until he pulled away, started the car, and drove away. I felt drained, I couldn't keep myself awake, so I fell asleep in his car.

I woke up in a bed. I assumed it was chases room. I looked outside the window next to me, it was big and elegant. A few stars were in the sky and it was right on dusk. It took me a moment to realise that there was light coming from underneath the bathroom door. Water was running. I guess he was having a shower. I reached my bag that was at the end of the bed and grabbed my phone out. I decided to text Alex.

Hey, thanks for today. I was thinking it would probably be best if we didn't tell my siblings that you know about us?

I got a reply instantly.

Yeah, definitely and please don't tell chase, he will literally kill me.

I won't. Meet up tomorrow?

Yeah go to the front of the pack house at 10.

Ok! See you there.

The door opened, and I looked to see chase with nothing but a towel around his waist. I couldn't help but notice his abs.

"Are you... staring at my abs?" He said cheekily. I blushed and looked away, I deleted the chat with Alex and turned off my phone. I turned around, so Chase could get dressed in privacy. His room was massive. He had fluffy carpet, white walls, a huge walk in closet, and a bathroom with a big shower, and bath as big as a spa. I turned around once he finished getting dressed.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to have a shower? I can get a maid to get some clothes for you!" He said in a hurry.

"I'm fine, I'll have a shower in the morning, I'm not that hungry, just tired." I said laying back down. Chase crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to his body. He was only wearing boxers, so I could feel his abs pressing up against me. At this point my whole body was tingling. He placed his head in the crook of my neck and I could feel his breath on my face. I tried to mind-link Gert, I hadn't seen her since lunch, but I couldn't. Hmm that's weird. She must be too far away.

"Chase?" I asked.

"Hmm?" he replied sleepily.

"Where's Gert?" I asked.

"Right across the hall." He replied, adjusting his grip on me. My suspicions grew. Was this room mind-link proof? Maybe there was something in the walls. My thoughts faded, and I slowly fell back to sleep.

*sorry not much happened in this chapter. I didn't want to make it too long! *