Chapter 4

Once we arrived home we all agreed it would be best that we should tell the twins about the werewolf. But before we could, they led us down into our basement? Except Ethan placed his hand on the wall, and to my surprise it scanned his hand print. A door submerged from the wall and we all went through it into a weird meeting room place. Aiden scanned his hand on the wall and multiple screens came out from the wall. Ethan turned them on and suddenly all this information came on the screen. There were security cameras, photos of all the students at our school, and heaps of other information.

"Alright guys tell us anything that happened today, we need to sort all the students into categories." Said Aiden.

"Ok well uhhh now would probably be a good time to mention the weird, intense, werewolf that had his eye on Dakota all day?" Said Zayd

"What!?" Said Ethan.

"Ok well at first we thought he was just checking her out!" Said Gert.

"Yeah but then we realised that the stare was too intense to be checking someone out." Said Zyon.

"Okay so how do you know he's a werewolf?" Asked Aiden.

"Dakota, you wanna explain?" Asked Xavier, I nodded and began talking. I told him about the guy that bumped into me and the growl, and when I met with Xavier there was another growl and it still didn't make much sense. My thoughts interrupted when Aiden put slammed him head onto his hand and Ethan punched the table. I jumped back, startled. I was beginning to fear what it meant, light rain started drizzling outside.

"What's wrong?" Asked Gert.

"He's your mate." Said Aiden.

All the boys looked at each other concerningly while me and Gert looked at each other cluelessly.

"Just tell us his name and we'll put him in the werewolf category okay?" Said Ethan.

"I don't know his name." I said.

"Ok well do you know what he looks like?" He asked. I nodded, how could I ever forget what he looks like he was the hottest guy at school! I then scrolled through the photos and pointed to him when I saw his picture. His name was Chase.

"Shit." Said Ethan looking at Aiden who just shook his head.

"What?" Said Zayd.

"He's uhhh... he's." Said Aiden being cut off by Xavier.

"He's what?"

"He's the alpha." Said Ethan walking out of the room frustrated. Aiden sat down, deep in thought. Me and Gert looked at each other and she grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to our room.

"What the hell!" She said.

"What's a mate!?" I asked.

"I don't know! Let's look in that human vocabulary book!" She said, as we grabbed our books and sat on the floor. M-a-t-e.

"I found it!" I said.

"What does it mean!?" She asked. I began reading it out to her.

"Mate, a commonly used word in the Australian language, definition: friend."

"Wait? Australia, do you think that it applies for Hawaii?" She asked.

"Pfff, of course it does." I said unsurely, trying to convince myself it meant no more than friend. Our conversation was ended when we were called for dinner. It was quiet, dinner is never quiet for us.

"Guys?" They all looked up at me.

"We don't have to worry about it! He showed no sign of friendliness today, and I don't think his girlfriend would be okay with us being friends, she doesn't seem, well, very nice." I said.

"Friendliness? What are you talking about?" Said Zyon.

"Mate, commonly used in the Australian language, definition, friends. Not ringing any bells?" Said Gert. Aiden shook his head.

"Girls that's not what Mate means."

"What does it mean then?" I asked.

"Basically soulmates. Your meant to be together. Unless rejected, which is hopefully the case considering he's an alpha."

"Rejected. Why would he reject Dakota!?" Said Gert.

"Well maybe because he thinks we're human and doesn't want a weak Luna." Said Ethan.

"Luna?" I questioned.

"Yes, an alphas mate becomes the packs Luna, they lead the pack together." Said Xavier. I looked down, confused, scared, wanting to go home. Everyone stood up bringing their plates to the sink.

"I- I wanna go home!" I sobbed. Turning everyone's heads to me. They immediately all tried to comfort me, but I couldn't take it. I ran outside and reached the end of the cliff. I turned around and faced all my siblings.

"Dakota, you don't have to do this!" Said Aiden.

"Everything's gonna be fine!" Said Zayd.

"I can't do this without you." Said Gert.

I looked at them all one last time before saying,

"I'm sorry." I leaned back and dove off the cliff, I hit the water and my tail started forming. I swam, and I swam until I couldn't swim anymore. My eyes were heavy and on the verge of closing, I let the darkness consume me.