Chapter 7

After we informed Aiden and Ethan of the eventful day we had, Gert had something she wanted to announce.

"Guys, I think I found my mate!" She said happily.

"That's great Gert who is he?" Asked Ethan.

"His name is Ryan, he is third in command of the pack..." She said, the boys smiles slowly faded and I could see Gert was uncomfortable.

"At least he's not an alpha right!" I said optimistically, we jumped up and down like fan girls and laughed. Aiden looked at Ethan and nodded, while everyone else looked oblivious to what was happening.

"Gert get to know you mate be happy, form a healthy relationship." Said Ethan.

"Really?" Said Gert astonished at what he had just said.

"Yep, Dakota..." Said Aiden.

"Yes?" I questioned

"You...ahhh, you do the same." He said looking down and scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, WHAT!?" I said.

"I know, I know, we told you not to talk to him, but! We need you guys to get close, spend more time at the pack house. Paul Franklin, mermaid hunter, he is a part of the pack. We went through the file you sent us." Said Ethan. I sighed and looked at Xavier who gave me a slight smile before mentioning,

"alsohisdaughterisemma." He said.

"Wait could you repeat that, maybe slower this time." Said Gert.

"Hisdaughter, Emma." He said as he awkwardly scratched the top of his head.

"Emma as in, Chases Emma?" I questioned, as I sighed.

"Yeahhhh." He answered.

"Well this shall be fun." I said sarcastically and gave them an unenthusiastic smile before walking out of the room and going upstairs. Gert followed me, happy with the news she just heard. I however was not. If this Chase situation gets any worse then it already is, I won't be surprised. I got ready for bed and had a long, deep, chat with Gert before drifting off to sleep.

Dakota, we didn't send you to land to kill the mermaid hunter. We sent you as an offering to the mermaid hunter. We don't want you, we don't need you. My parents' voices boomed through my ears as I was carried away in a cage, into the mermaid hunters lab.

My tears rolled down my face as I sat up in bed, the horrifying dream I had made the day ten times worse, it was raining. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and Gert walked through the door.

"Dakota!? What's wrong?" She said immediately sitting down beside me and wrapping her arm around me.

"I had a dream..." I continued explaining to her the terrible dream I just had and wiped the tears off my face before my tail formed. Before I knew it all my brothers were in my room suspicious to why there was heavy rain outside. They tried comforting me, tried to help make the rain stop. I knew I had to shake the dream from my head or this day would get ten times harder than it already was. But the dream felt so real. I got ready for school and packed my bag. As I put my math book in my bag I noticed a note sticking out of it. I read it. 08138482 – Alex. Really, just because he's in my math class didn't mean he had to write me a silly equation. More specifically one I couldn't work out! It made me giggle a bit. Alex was so silly and kind, we were becoming good friends.

"What's so funny?" Asked Zyon.

"Just this kid in my class, he gave me a silly math equation!" I said lightening up a bit.

"Dakota, that's not an equation! That's his phone number." Said Zayd laughing

"Why do phones have numbers, and why would I want his if I don't even know mine? Shell phones don't have numbered codes like this!" I said confused. Xavier then explained to me what a phone number was, and he showed me mine in case someone asked for it. I put Alex's phone number into my phone. My first contact! The rain simmered down to a light drizzle, so we decided to take the limousine to school. We got in the car and left our house. On the car ride there, Gert mentioned that we had to train this afternoon. Probably a good idea considering we hadn't in a while, our moves would be a bit rusty. We arrived at school and all had to do a heat spell to make the rain evaporate above us, so we wouldn't get wet. It was discrete, so we wouldn't expose ourselves. Gert met with her mate as soon as we got into the halls and Xavier had to leave early for class. Me, Zayd, and Zyon stood around my locker, waiting for the bell to ring. To my surprise Chase came up to me.