Chapter 20

*Alex POV*

After hours of searching through the files we finally found the potions one. We looked through them all, the more we looked, the more hope was lost.

"Maybe Chase was wrong?" Gert said optimistically.

"Yeah, maybe it was a pale...purple?!" Zayd said.

"Werewolves have increased eyesight, even if he were drugged, I think he would still be able to see the colour of it." I said destroying their hope.

"Wait! Go back up!" Xavier said. I scrolled back up and sure enough, there was a pale blue potion. Elixir of Restriction.

"That must be it!" Ethan said. I nodded and looked through the file.

"There's no description, only the ingredients." I said worriedly.

"Okay well is there an antidote?" Aiden asked.

"Doesn't look like it, but if we found out what exactly this Elixir of Restriction does then maybe we could find out how the ingredients affect her and the opposite ingredients to it and create an antidote?" I said trying to figure it out myself. They all nodded.

"Mercury and pufferfish poisoning." I said reading out the ingredients. They all gave each other worried looks.

"What?" I asked.

"Pufferfish poison is the most dangerous poison known to nature." Gert said frantically. I looked away and sighed. This was going to be harder than I thought.

*Chases POV*

I hated seeing her like this, sick, weak, in pain. I wanted to kill that bastard. But killing him would cause a pack war, and that's exactly what we don't need right now. By the time we got home Dakota was asleep. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I loved her more than anyone. I picked her up bridal style and placed her on my bed. I needed to find Alex.

"Chase!" Gert said from down the hall.

"Yeah?" I said.

"We found the potion." She said filling me in on everything we needed to do. The only cure to pufferfish poison was in the hospital. They won't exactly hand it over to me, they will want to treat her. I had to break in and steal it.

*Alex's POV*

We were going to extract the mercury out of her system by evaporation. I had made a machine that was set at a certain temperature, perfect for evaporating things. It would take a little bit longer considering we had to vaporise it through her skin. It's been a day since we discovered the potion, all we needed was to finish setting up the machine and for chase to return back with the cure.
"She's not waking up!" Xavier said running into the room.

"What?" I said anxiously. I mind linked Chase to hurry up. It was now or never.

"Bring her down." I said nervously. With that, Xavier ran upstairs. All her siblings were in the room now and not long after Chase came running in. The procedure had already started, and she was already laying down on the bed with the machine above her.

"Here." Chase said throwing me the bottle. I grabbed the syringe and filled it with the liquid. I injected it into both her arms.

"Is it working?" Aiden asked.

"I'm not sure. It will take a few hours before we know." I said. Everyone got comfortable and sat down in the room. Except chase, he stood by her side, watching her intensely, the whole time.