Chapter 9

I woke up to an empty, cold bed. I read the clock on the bedside table, it was 7:39am. I wonder where Chase would be at this time of the morning. I shrugged it off and got up. I had over two hours to meet Alex. I tried mind linking Gert again and it still didn't work. I was too shy to get up and walk around the house. So I decided to just wait in the bedroom till it was time to meet Alex.

*text message*

Kota, its me Gert, I got your number off chase. Where r u?

Gert!! I tried mind linking you, it doesn't work. Im thinking the walls are laced with something.

Hmmm, that's weird.

Ikr, I'm in chase's room, I couldn't bring myself to go out.

You should've Chase announced to the whole pack that he found his mate, everyone's been referring to you as Luna.

What! Noooooo, Gert! Im not made to be a Luna, especially if we're only here to get information on Paul!!!

Rain started to drizzle and I started to freak out. I was interrupted by the door opening. Thankfully it was Gert.

"Here I bought clothes." She said. I looked and saw black high wasted jeans, and an oversized jumper.

"It's gonna be cold today" She said.

"Thanks" I replied grabbing the clothes. Gert grabbed a stool from the room and dragged it into the bathroom with me. She locked the door and I started a bath. As soon as it was full I hopped in and went into mer form.

"Ahhh, it was about time I transformed." I said. If we don't transformed, we get dry, dehydrated, and have extremely painful headaches. Gert passed me a salt shaker, I shook it into my mouth while Gert used her powers to give me water. After a while I got out and got dressed. We left Chase's bedroom and to our surprise, there were two werewolves standing either side of the door as if there were guards. I looked at them and laughed.

"Luna!" They said surprisingly and bowed. I looked at Gert wide eyed, I didn't know what to do.

"Uhhh, hello." I said letting out a little giggle.

"Good morning Luna." They said in unison. I decided to try and mind link Gert.

-are you getting this?-

-yes! It works out here, you right it must be something to do with the walls-

-we'll figure it out later, wheres the kitchen?-

-down the elevator, third floor-

-theres an elevator!-

-yep!-

We walked down the hall until we reached the elevator. We passed many pack members along the way who all bowed there heads and called me luna. It kind of made me uncomfortable, I wanted people to feel equal to me, if not higher, after all, I am the new person here. We arrived at the kitchen,

"Do they have any sea weed?" I asked.

"No, I already checked for that, but they have this weird thing called lettuce. Its so good you have to try it!" She replied. She handed me a big green thing from the fridge. It was kind of wet and round. I bit into it and she laughed.

"People usually peel it off I think." She said.

"They do?" I said as I put it away. I checked the time and it was 9:50am.

"Crap! I have to go meet Alex!" I said as I waved goodbye and headed in the direction to where I thought the elevator was. This mansion was like a maze, once I found the elevator I went to the bottom floor.

"Luna?" I turned to face a guy with jet black hair.

"Hello!" I smiled.

"Hi! Im Jacob, the beta. Nice to meet you." He bowed.

"Im Dakota, you don't have to call me Luna." I said holding out my hand, he shook it and nodded.

"Hey, do you know where the front of the house is?" I asked feeling silly. He led me to the front door, I thanked him and looked for Alex.

"Luna! Is it really you!?" Alex said in a silly tone. I punched him in the arm playfully.

"Shut up!" I said laughing a little.

"Wanna go to the secret pond? It has a waterfall, I found it the other day, don't worry no one goes there." He said. I nodded and we headed through the forest, passing many people who greeted me as Luna. I kept having to repeatedly tell them all to call me Dakota. Alex laughed everytime. We reached the pond and it was amazing. The water fall was about 15 feet high, not very big. The pond was surrounded by rocks and beneath the crystal clear water looked to be the bottom of the pond filled with pebbles. I gasped and dove in immediately, while alex sat on a rock and watched me swim. The pond was surprisingly deep. I played around with my powers, creating water spouts, whirlpools, and blasting the trees with water balls.

"So why aren't you beta or omega or something?" I questioned.

"Me? No way, I'm kinda there computer tech guy." He laughed. I was about to reply but saw familiar hair from above the bushes, walking down the path. I quickly ducked under the water and swam to below the waterfall so I wouldn't be seen.

"Alex, have you seen Dakota?" He asked.

"No sorry chase." Alex replied.

"Hey its Alpha to you." Chases voice boomed.

"Sorry Alpha." Alex said and faced his head down.

"Hey I've noticed you and her have been quite close lately." He said.

"Yes Alpha." Alex replied.

"Do me favour will you? Stop." Said Chase before he turned and walked away. When it was all clear I surfaced.

"Rude!" I exclaimed.

"And you wondered why I wasn't beta or omega." Alex laughed.

"You cant let him treat you like that!" I said.

"There's nothing I can do." Replied alex. He helped me out of the water and turned around so I could dry my tail and get dresses. We were on our way back when I came across a light brown furry thing. I bent down to pick it up. I got it just before it tried to run away. It wriggled around and I held it to my chest and calmed it down.

"What is this?" I asked alex.

"That, my friend, is a bunny, and your definitely not going to want to take it to the pack house. Chase will hunt it down and eat it alive." He replied.

"Well I guess he's gonna have to deal with it." Alex laughed and asked me,

"What are you gonna name her?"

"Hmmm, how bout lettuce?!" I said cheerfully. It was the newest thing I had learnt.

"Lettuce...as in the vegetable." He laughed and before we arrived at the pack house we said our goodbyes and went separate ways so chase wouldn't find out we were together. I looked around the field and saw chase closer to the pack house talking to Jacob.

"Chase! Chase!" He turned around immediately looking concerned which then turned into relief...and then confusion.

"I found a bunny!" I yelled across the field. The whole pack was staring at me, some laughed and some drooled. Chase walked over to me and looked down at the bunny.

"Uhhh you have to let him go." He said immediately. I frowned and said,

"It's a her, and her name is lettuce! I will not let her go." I said stubbornly.

He sighed and avoided eye contact with the bunny. We went upstairs into his room and I placed lettuce down on the seat. She was peacefully asleep.

"We need to talk." Said Chase seriously.

*Sorry its so long! Hope it was good lol left you on a cliff hanger....kinda J*

A/N
I've been going through and editing since some of you wanted me to continue the book and I've noticed that after every a/n I end it with J. I have no clue why I did that my name does not have a J or anything haha.