Chapter 13

"Is she ever gonna wake up?"

*quiet sob*

"Guys we just gotta be patient."

"She needs rest."

"She's had rest!"

Familiar voices rang through my head, except they sounded almost as if they were underwater. My head thumped painfully as my heart throbbed. I tried to open my eyes, they fluttered open and shut.

"Dakota!?" I heard. I continued trying to open my eyes and they slowly peered open. I gradually regained my consciousness. Soon realising I was underwater. In what looked to be Holloway.

"Mum? Dad?" I asked, rubbing my eyes to see if it was actually them.

"Ohhh honey! Your awake!" They said letting a few tears drop from their eyes. I then noticed that all my brothers and sister were in the room.

"W-what happened?" I asked cluelessly.

"You-you don't remember?" Said Gert looking down at me oddly. Before adding,

"The fight, the rogues?" She reminded. Visions started coming back to me and in a few moments, I remembered it all.

"How long was I out?" I asked, everyone looked at each other.

"2 months, 3 weeks and four days..." Said Xavier.

"What!?" I yelled, immediately sitting up fast.

"Ahh." I said gritting my teeth and holding my head.

"Be careful." Said Zayd putting his hand on my back.

"That was a big spell." Said Aiden.

"A dangerous one." Said Ethan sternly.

"Yeah but if I didn't everyone would have died. Gert, Chase, Alex, the whole pack." I said defensibly.

"And because you took that risk, YOU almost died." Said Aiden.

"I don't get it, I thought you guys would be proud. I don't know maybe appreciative?" I said.

"I was! That wa-"

"I wish I saw-"

"You saved m-"

Zyon, Zayd, and Gert were all cut off from my dad.

"You exposed us!" My dad yelled strictly. I looked at him, hurt at what he had just said.

"You know what. I can't deal with this right now! I need a distraction." I said staring at my parents.

"I'm going back to school." I added, ripping the IV out of arm and walking out of the room.

"You know what. Me too!" Gert said enthusiastically.

"Me three!"

"Me four!" Said the twins.

"I better, ahh, make sure they don't get themselves into trouble." Said Xavier making up an excuse. And with that, I left. We began the same journey we took about a month ago, to get us back to our home on the land. They all made an effort to cheer me up, they were amazed, proud, and appreciative. I faked a smile. My concern now was Chase. The mate bond was causing me grief. I don't know what I would do if Chase had marked me already. Would he take me back now? Does he even know what I am? What if he hates me for not telling him? These were all questions for another day. Right now, I needed to get home.

*Hey guys! Sorry this is shorter than usual. I just published all my chapters on Wattpad, which you probably already know if you are reading this lol anyways hope you liked this chapter! J*