Chapter 6

I woke up that morning fearing the day ahead. How am I supposed to not talk to Chase? Ugh and don't even get me started on Emma. We had a meeting last night and discussed the plan. At 10:15 we would all ask to go to the toilet. 10:15 was in second period, the only class today that everyone was split up. We would all meet at the bathroom and then sneak into the principal's office and hack the system finding out names, werewolves, numbers, addresses and most importantly, the mermaid hunters details. The only thing we know is his last name, Franklin.

"Hey, todays gonna go fine." Said Gert comforting me.

"I'm not worried about the plan, I'm worr-" I was cut off.

"You're worried about the chase situation I know. I'm gonna be with you the whole time." She said. I nodded and we grabbed our bags, went downstairs, got on our bikes and left. Once we arrived to school the chase situation got ten times worse. He was there, at the front of the school, staring at me.

-Xavier...-

I mind linked him and he immediately stood in front of me, thankfully, blocking chase.

"What are you, her boyfriend?!" Chase said angrily, my brother laughed and we kept walking. I felt bad, but I shouldn't right? He's the one sleeping with a slut. We all went to class after going over the plan once more.

Second period bell rang, I nodded at Gert and headed to our second class. The halls were busy, as always. I was in the middle of a mind link with the twins before I was interrupted.

"Hey! Your new right?" Said the guy beside me.

"Yep, Dakota." I said putting out my hand to shake his.

"Alex" He said before shaking my hand. A loud growl was let out and everyone sped the pace up. Alex rolled his eyes.

"Alpha's huh." He said. I assumed humans knew about the local pack considering he didn't have a scent. I went along with it.

"Pfff yeah." I said.

"Wait are you a w-"

"Werewolf? No, human." He said a laughed a bit.

"Me too." I said, not very smoothly, but hopefully convincing enough.

"You're in Math next right?" He asked, I nodded.

"We're in the same class." He said.

"Oh really?" I had never seen him before. He seemed really friendly though. We reached math class and Chase was already there. I walked in talking to my new friend Alex, which earned us a glare from Chase. I sat down next to Alex ad began the lesson. Human math was easy, we learnt this in grade four at mer school. I watched the clock reach 10:13 and figured I'd give myself two minutes to walk to the bathroom. I got a hall pass and headed out of the classroom. Gert and Zayd were there already and Xavier and Zyon came not long after me.

"Alright, everyone know the plan?" Asked Xavier.

"Twins are on look out, me, you and Gert in the office." I replied. We all made our way to the office and the twins waited outside the door. Gert got a hair clip and started picking the lock. We got in and Xavier went straight to the computer. He put a weird device in that was going to hack into the system and find the password. Gert started going through the desk draws and I went through the filing cabinet.

"I found a Paul Franklin?" Said Gert.

"Is that him Xavier?" I said pointing to the guy in the picture.

"That's him!" He said, I took a photo of the file and we got out of there as soon as possible. We all went separate ways, I walked down the hallway and picked up a scent. Grass and dirt? Must be a werewolf I thought to myself.

I heard steps coming from behind me and went to turn around to see who it was, but before I could I was grabbed by the next and dragged into a closet. A guy with a freshly cut beard, slicked back hair, and glasses, stared at me.

"What were you doing in my office!?" He interrogated. I felt the pressure of his hands get tighter on my neck. I couldn't breathe. I started panicking. Gusts of wind from outside blew. I knew I couldn't expose my species. I would choke to death before I ever did that. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to speak because of the choke hold I was in. The hold was released, a hand grabbed the principal by the neck and through him out the doorway, across the hall and into the locker. I immediately dropped to the floor, gasping for air. I looked up and saw Chase running over to me. He saved me?

"Are you okay!?" He asked frantically, softly touching my neck, examining it. The tingles exploded again. It was his touch.

"I-I'm fine" I said, catching my breath. The lunch bell rang, and chase helped me up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He said with concern on his face. I nodded and continued walking beside him towards the cafeteria. Once I arrived, Gert, Zayd, Zyon and Xavier turned towards me. Along with the whole cafeteria. I guess walking with the Alpha was a big deal. Before he could say anything, I walked away, straight to my siblings. Tears filling my eyes.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay?"

"Why is your neck red?"

"Did he hurt you!?"

"No." I sobbed, "He saved me, t-the principal-"

"Dakota?" Alex came up to me and handed me my bag.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay!?" He asked. I wiped my tears away and replied,

"I'm fine Alex, thanks for getting my bag, I'll talk to you later okay?" He nodded and game my siblings a slight smile as they did back.

"The principal, h-he got me in a choke hold and pinned me against this closet wall. He knew I was in his office." I continued.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard." Said Xavier.

"D-did you tell him anything?" Asked Gert.

"N-no, chase game and threw him against the lockers." I sniffled.

"I guess he's not so bad after all." Said Zyon. Zayd shot him a slight glare.

"How did he know you were there?" Asked Gert.

"It's the mate bond" Said Xavier, "Its already forming, so he obviously hasn't rejected you."

"But what about Emma?" We turned around in unison and we were all staring at Chase and Emma's table who were staring right back at us.

"Well at least she's not sitting on his lap today?" Said Gert optimistically.

"Yeah I guess." I responded. We all decided to take the rest of the day off. We all drove home and met in the underground room.

*Hope that wasn't too long JAny feedback/tips/constructed criticism would be great lol!*