Chapter 3: Going Once, Going Twice, Sold

After having said my final goodbyes to Gretel, she led me outside the room to meet with Emory, if that was his name, again. I was shaking from being in the most revealing clothes, and I was shaking from the thoughts that kept running through my mind at full speed. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, or what to say, or what to think. Everything was happening so fast, and I had absolutely no control over anything anymore.

Emory was waiting for me, and in his hands he held chains. I swallowed.

"If you fight me, I"ll put these on as painfully as I possibly can, understood?" He growled, with the usual annoyed tone.

It took me a moment to respond.

"I-I-I understand . . . " I choked out. What was the point in fighting anyway? In the end, it would only leave me more hurt, confused, and alone.

"Good." He came over to me, and I allowed him to shackle my wrists once again. I could feel the scars that were there before begin to bleed again. I couldn't help the whimper that escaped from my throat, and for the thousandth time, I wished I was dead.

Emory didn't hesitate to yank me down the rest of the hallways. I felt like some animal. And I know for a fact that I'll never ever forget the sound of rattling chains as long as I shall live. Which, considering my situation, couldn't be much longer.

After what seemed like years of walking down hallways that all looked relatively the same, we finally came through a door that was new. Through it, there was a beautiful looking lobby, and I assumed that the auction was near. The whole place was so much more pretty than the prison I was locked in. It reminded me of home, and I instantly became homesick all over again. Tears silently fell down my face, after I thought yet again about how I would never see my wonderful family and friends ever again.

Emory didn't give me much time to sightsee, though. He briskly walked through the large carpeted hall, and we came across a door that looked very important.

Emory turned to me. "Only speak when you are spoken to. Don't scream, cry, run, or do anything stupid."

I only stared at his masked face I wanted so desperately to see.

He pulled on my chains, painfully. "Understand?"

I nodded, and kept my gaze to the floor. For a moment, I almost felt like I was receiving a sympathetic look from him. Or maybe I was just desperate for anyone to feel sorry for me here. Whatever it was, it was gone, and Emory had opened the door.

Inside, was a long table in the shape of a semi-circle. Several men were sitting behind it, all looking very professional and very wealthy. I couldn't help but notice that they all seemed to be over the age of forty, and they were all from different races. My heart started to sprint as I saw the stage that was placed in the center of the room. My stage. I closed my eyes. This was it. Not only will my virginity be sold, but so will my pride and dignity.

Emory led me to the stage, and he adjusted the chains to hook on to the small poles beside it. No escape.