Chapter 11 - New York to Madrid

I wake up the next afternoon and spend the day with some friends.

I arrive back home just in time to find Naomi in her Neymar jersey as I walk in talking to Oscar on the phone.

"Yeah, definitely, I love you too, take care, okay? Best wishes and happy birthday," I tell him.

"Thank you, thank you," he rushes me as I hear Dunga yelling at him for taking my phone call. "I love you too."

"Good luck tonight, I send my best to them all," I say before he thanks me again and we end the call.

Naomi is pacing back and forth, biting at her nails.

"There's another hour you know?" I inform her as I head to my room.

I change into my Oscar jersey and call my parents to say goodbye since I leave after the match and then video chat with Noori.

"I'm craving something that you can't find over here, just anything," she smiles.

I didn't realize how long I had stayed quiet, thinking.

"What's wrong?" She asks me.

"I kinda don't want to go back," I tell her after she reads my facial expression. "I mean it's not just cause I miss everyone but Spain is so different, and then to get back to all my responsibilities..."

"Tough shit," she says making me laugh.

"You're right," I say. "So Pékerman, the Colombian national team coach, he called me last night. He was telling me about James and how he got all hurt after reading some of the things people were saying about him, and then he goes on and tells me that he appreciates how much I care and asks that I keep doing that."

After I tell Noori all that, I realize it sounded a bit too defensive.

"What's the big deal?" She asks.

"He said it like it was obvious-"

"What is?" She cuts me off.

"I don't know," I shrug off the question. "I just don't know."

An hour passes by quickly and I find myself sat on the couch with my three best friends watching the Brazil vs Ecuador game.

Minutes pass and it's a free kick in favor of Brazil. Neymar.

The camera zooms in on him and it focuses on his upper body and no one around me seemed to notice it, but it's all my eyes could focus on.

My ring. I never noticed I left my ring in his room. I spot it on his pinkie finger as he begins to twist at it whilst thinking about where to shoot. I smile at the fact that it only fits his smallest finger but smile even wider when I could tell it calmed him down.

1-0. The match was exciting and the best part was Neymar missing horrendously, I couldn't bite back my laughter but I did feel bad after.

It's around midnight and we know it's almost time to go to the airport. My flight was set to leave in the morning and we should all get as much sleep as possible but we decide against it and choose to spend the little hours we have left together.

We cook a ton of different things to have a whole meal.

"Don't forget to send me an autograph from anyone," Naomi says. "And by anyone I mean Neymar or James."

"Yeah, get a video of one of them saying my name," Chelsea adds.

"I'll try my hardest, I swear," I tell them.

The three girls take me to the airport after that massive meal and I sadly say goodbye to them all again and board my flight back to Madrid.

A day later I wake up as the plane gets ready to land and I make my way back to my new home. Keylor picks me up from the airport and takes me home.

"How was it?" He asks as he shuts the car door and puts on his seat belt.

"Oh my God, it was all so great. I've been missing everyone so much, my roommates had no idea and my folks were so happy," I smile. "It was crazy meeting those two teams, dream come true. The match, oh my God Keylor, don't get me started on the horrendous match."

As I cover my face in embarrassment he begins to laugh. On our ride to my place I tell him about Miami and the Brazilian team, the night out with the guys and my family barbecue.

"Alright," he begins once he places my last piece of luggage in the living room. "How about we unpack right now?"

"It's almost ten and I am so tired," I say as I stretch my arms. "But thank you so, so much."

"Come on," he shrugs.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

Keylor tells me he got in a fight with his wife and I send him straight home to fix that immediately.

I call everyone back home and make sure they all know I arrived safely. A short while after I call Kroos and ask him what he's up to.

Toni crosses the street and comes on over about two minutes later and we order a late dinner at my place and spend the rest of the night watching a movie. He's a good friend and great company, I'm set to go to a German national team match with him next month and I'm really excited about it since they're one of my favorite teams of all time. Toni tells me about all his teammates but I gush over Hummels, Götze, Neuer and I get to them all eventually.

"Don't you dare! Just stay away from them all," he laughs as I pass him another beer.

"No promises can be made," I joke.

I can technically do what I please with any of them, too bad they're all taken; I mention this and after he takes a sip of his beer he begins to speak.

"Durm," he chuckles.

All he does is laugh at the unholy sound that escapes my mouth and then we get back to the movie I popped into the DVD player. Kroos leaves a while after and I get a call from James and one from Marcelo asking how the flight went; then a text from Neymar.

How was the flight?

Great, thanks for asking :)

No problem, how was the trip back home?

Amazing, yes definitely, it was great seeing everyone again

Tell me about the match

Did you watch it? It was good, it was all good

Of course, my friends and I all had on our Brazilian jerseys

Good, that's what I like to hear :)

So when do you come back to Spain?

My flight leaves tonight, in a couple of hours

Have fun

I'll try

Afterwards we get to talking, about everything, everything we could because I stayed up all night texting him until he had to shut his phone off. I fell asleep on my phone that night.