Chapter 17 - Luis Enrique

I wake up before my alarm rings, thankfully, and sneak out from under James.

I begin to twist my neck a bit to relive the pain and gather my stuff up quickly. I don't make any noise but manage to wake up James, guessing he felt I wasn't there.

"Where are you going?" He asks as he rubs his face then neck in pain.

"Hurts doesn't it?" I smirk. "I have a meeting."

I find my shoes and put them on quickly knowing I'll get there later than expected.

"Bye, James," I say before kissing him on the cheek and rushing out of his apartment.

I pop my head back in before closing the door completely.

"Tell Salo I said bye," I smile then finally leave.

When I arrive at the offices I rush to the conference room and take a seat as the rest of my colleagues do, meaning I'm not as late as I thought, even after changing rapidly in the bathroom. The meeting goes well and quicker than I thought. All they asked from me were some reports from social media which is senseless to me but highly important for promotions and endorsements. As I gather my notes and everything then head out the door, one of the general assistants comes running up to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask her as she bites her lip a little.

"I was told I couldn't disturb you in the meeting but Neymar has been calling you since you've arrived and he says it's urgent."

That explains the biting of the lip. I do that too when I hear his voice. I rush over to my cubicle and pick up the phone.

"Neymar," I say.

"How are you, beautiful?" He asks.

I stick my head up from the cubicle to see if the assistant is listening in on the phone call, which she is. She spots me and hangs up immediately.

"I'd say handsome in return but I fear for the spread of rumors," I smile.

I hear him chuckle a little and then I hear Davi in the background.

"It's real urgent, Kat. Business type urgent," he explains.

"How so?" I ask concerned.

"Apparently I've been talking you up a bit," he starts. "Nothing but swell things, Kat. Nothing but swell things to my teammates and my coach."

"At Barcelona?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"You called right on time," Neymar says. "Luis was set to call you in two minutes."

"Luis Enrique?" I ask.

"Good luck, Kat," he says. "Don't forget to thank me some day."

He hangs up abruptly and I'm left completely dumbfounded at what he just spoke. What does Luis Enrique want with me?

I hang up and a second later the phone rings again.

I look up from the cubicle and the assistant is looking right at me urgently. I pick up the receiver and she hangs up.

"Katalina," I answer.

"Kat!" The familiar voice cheers. "It's Luis."

"H-hi Luis, how are you?" I ask as I grab my phone.

"I'm great, thanks for asking, how about you?"

"Oh you know, can't complain," I say as I begin to text Neymar.

What is going on?

"Listen Kat, I'm gonna be frank with you, this is a business call."

Just be yourself, love

Excuse me? What is this all about, Neymar?

Davi says hi.

"Concerning what?" I ask Luis.

"Well, I know you're at your office right now, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble..."

"What's all this about?" I ask firmly.

Tell him I said hi too, but cut the shit Neymar.

Haha, call me right after :)

"It's pure business, Kat. I've heard amazing things about you. Are you gonna be in Barcelona anytime soon?" Luis asks.

"I wasn't planning on any sort of trip-"

"Alright, I'd like to fly you out here next week," he spoke.

What did you say to him?

"I'm sorry, if you don't mind me asking-"

"I do actually. I'll email you the tickets tonight, just don't miss your flight."

"I truly don't know what to say," I start. "Because I don't know what's going on."

Luis chuckles on the other side of the phone.

"See you soon. Take care, Kat." Luis says before hanging up.

All I said was that I was head over heels for this girl and she still won't go on a date with me.

I call Neymar right after from my cell phone and he picks up after one ring.

"How'd it go? What'd he say?" he asks.

"Nothing, just that he's heard nothing but good things," I clarify, I don't mention the trip to Barcelona.

"Oh... that's it?" he sounds surprised.

"Yep," I say as I fix up my desk a little.

"What are you up to?" I ask him.

"I'm with Davi," he says. "Davi say hi!" he cheers before Davi screams hi from the other side of the room.

"Give him a kiss for me," I say even though I've never met the kid, I know he means the world to Neymar. "I take it you say nothing but good things about me to Davi too?"

"You know it," I can hear him smile. "What about you? What are you up to?"

"I'm about to take my lunch break," I say as I gather my stuff and make my way to the elevator.

"Want me to join you?" he jokes.

"Make it here in five minutes and the answer's yes," I say as I get onto the empty elevator.

"It's a date."

"No, it's not," I basically grunt. "What's with you?"

"Me? What's with you? Go on a date with me already," Neymar pleads. "Besides, I don't play for Real Madrid."

"Just so you know, I can date anyone on the team if I please," I smile.

"That's not what I like to hear," he says and I chuckle.

"When you come to Barcelona, I'm taking you out," he says.

"I'm sure you are," I say. "Goodbye, Neymar."

"Goodbye, Kat."