Chapter 29 - Culé

By the time I get up from bed, Neymar is long gone.

At first it's good since I don't have to see him after what happened last night, but then I remember I'm set to see him and the team today anyway.

If he told anyone of his teammates about us I will die.

I call Luis to make sure if I go straight to the camp and he tells me it'd be easier to do so.

I call for a cab right after I hang up on him and tell the driver where to take me when he arrives. Half an hour later, I find myself walking through doors and showing my pass left and right, just as I was doing back in Madrid. I finally make it to the field and I am flooded with a sense of excitement.

Real Madrid was one thing, but coming to the home of my favorite club to meet all the players, this is astounding.

I make my way over to Luis when I spot him as the guys make their way over to the field. I feel some eyes on me but I keep walking over to Luis as confidentially as I can.

I pull at the strap of my purse before greeting Luis.

"Katalina, give the guys about fifteen minutes for their warm up," he says without looking up from his notepad.

"Got it," I nod as I make my way over to the seats.

I greet some of my other colleagues as I pass by them and begin to set up my paperwork.

Greet them, meet them each, get their information, short and simple.

I look up at the field and spot Messi with Neymar and Munir. Leo catches my eye and nods at me whilst Neymar doesn't even look up from the ball and starts to do some tricks with it. If he's trying to impress me, it's working and I hate it.

I check my phone real quick and answer James. He's planning vacations and asking for my advice.

Are you sure?

Definitely, Colombia sounds good

Okay, but I was just there two months ago

Two months is a lot for your family

You're right

I've got vacation days, James!

What are you thinking?

You, me, lulos y jugo de mora

Hahaha, if you can make it, I'll be there :)

Watch me :)

Before I know it, Luis is gathering the guys up and calls for me. I head over to him and stand in front of them all.

"For those of you who don't know her, this is Katalina," Luis introduces me.

"Nice to see you all again, meet some of you, please call me Kat. I think you all know the deal, just got to gather some information today. If you have any questions feel free to ask me when you come on over."

"Andrés, you're first, then Dani. Everyone else, get back to the field till I call for you," Luis instructs them.

Andrés comes up to me and I offer him a smile.

"Good to see you again," I tell him, regarding the after party.

"Likewise, Kat."

He follows me back to the benches and we chat for a bit before I hand him the notebook and instruct him what parts he needs to fill out and then I pass him my phone, which is over packed in its contacts.

Dani follows up, then Piqué, we finish up with the defense and move our way up to the midfielders. I begin to twist at my ring when it's time to finish up with the attackers.

Munir, Suárez then Messi.

"Kat," Leo says before kissing me on the cheek. "Congratulations."

"Thank you so much," I smile back.

We chat for a bit before I ask him for all his information and after that we talk for some more. I begin to praise him as a player and ask about Antonella and Thiago.

Leo starts to tell me about them and I hear Luis blow his whistle. I look over as he calls for Neymar.

"Antonella just loves you," Leo says. "She wanted me to invite you over for dinner one night."

"That sounds amazing," I smile. "Tell her I'd love to. Also, give her my number."

I run my hands through my hair as Leo finishes up and I thank him again when he's done. Neymar comes my way as Lionel leaves.

"Getting flirtatious with Leo?" He asks as he takes a seat. "He's taken."

"Don't have to remind me," I smirk. "Okay so fill this out-"

"No kiss on the cheek?" Neymar interrupts me.

"I'm trying to be professional," I state.

"I can see that," he says before licking his lips, teasing me.

"This was a bad idea," I say as I twist my ring some more.

"Am I making you nervous?" He chuckles.

"Goddamn it, Neymar," I say before looking away onto the field. "Just fill out the papers, please."

"Anything for you," he says before taking the pen from my hand.

I notice the guys begin to walk off the field and some come my way to the benches, a break.

As Neymar finishes up I talk to Piqué for a bit as he downs his water.

"Here you go, sweetheart," Neymar passes me the notebook and pen.

My eyes widen at the sound of his voice and I turn to look at him.

"Sweetheart?" Piqué asks. "Did he finally get you to go out with him?"

I part my lips but nothing comes out.

Leo, who's standing in front of us with some other guys, begins to laugh at me before he takes another sip of water.

"I'll see you at home," Neymar winks before he gets up and leaves a kiss on my cheek before walking down the side of the field to get some of his stuff.

I am going to rip him a new one when I see him back at his place.

Piqué wiggles his eyebrows at me and I feel the blood rush to my cheeks.