Chapter 38 - Lionel and Antonella

Katalina's POV

I open the door to find a smiling Messi, Antonella and Thiago.

"Hi!" I cheer as they all cheer back.

I welcome them in as I leave a kiss on each of their cheeks.

"You look beautiful as always, Kat," Leo says as he comes in and hands me a bottle of fine wine.

"No one's as pretty as you are," I joke.

"Welcome!" Neymar smiles at the three of them as he comes out the kitchen and they greet him back.

"I hope you're not letting him cook, Kat," Antonella says looking at me.

"Don't worry, we can always order out if it all goes wrong."

Davi comes running up to me from the living room and I tell him to say hello to everyone. Neymar decided to invite the couple and their son over for a kind of double date and I was in no position to decline.

Antonella puts Thiago down and hands him a box.

"We brought Davi a gift," Anto says. "For his birthday a couple of days back."

"Ah, say thank you Davi," Neymar tells Davi as he takes the gift from Thiago.

I soon take both their hands and lead them to the living room so they can play with Davi's new toy.

"Come on," Neymar instucts the two of them to follow him to the kitchen.

I sit down with Davi and Thiago for a bit as they begin to play together then I get up and walk to the kitchen.

"How's the happy couple?" I chime in and smile at the two standing by the island.

"Not as happy as you two apparently," Antonella begins to smile.

"Don't believe a word he says," I joke as I point over to Neymar who's stirring some sauce.

"Come and try this liar's pasta sauce," he calls me over.

"I'm going to go set up the table," I say after I try the delicious sauce.

"Let me help," Antonella offers.

"I'll open up the wine," Leo says. "Where'd you put it?"

"I'll bring it to you," I offer as Anto and I step out with plates in hand.

Once Antonella and I set up the dinner table we head over to Davi and Thiago and we sit with them.

Neymar's POV

"So how's it all going with Kat?" Leo asks me.

I was expecting the question but I still never know how to answer it.

"Great," I say. "I love this girl," I say as I turn off the stove.

"Do you really?" Leo asks. "I mean, it hasn't been long."

"It's gonna be a year since I met her next month," I explain.

Kat's POV

"How is it?" Anto asks.

"It's all too perfect," I smile.

"How long has it been?" she questions.

"Five months next week," I bite my lip.

"Wow, congrats," she smiles as Thiago takes a toy from Davi's hand. "Be nice," she warns him and he passes the toy back.

"Not as long as you two," I joke. "I didn't think it'd last this long," I admit.