Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I shiver as Derek’s teeth touch my neck, the skin tingling at the touch. His lips are soft against my neck, his teeth a hard contrast to the softness. I sigh, loosing myself in the pleasure, allowing my eyes to drift closed.

I scream when his teeth enter my skin, a burning sensation flooding my system. I feel tears prick at my eyes and I gasp. Derek groans against my neck, pulling his teeth out, but keeping his lips locked to the wound. I feel a warmth, nothing like what I felt moments before, and I shiver.

He laves his tongue across the mate mark, pulling back to look at it. He growls possessively and presses a hot kiss to my mouth. I taste my blood on his lips.

I shove him back and run to the mirror. I gasp at my reflection. My neck is clean, except for a few drops of blood here and there, the skin raw and angry. At the center where my shoulder meets my neck is the bite, an imprint of two sets of teeth, the markings clearest at the top and bottom.

Derek comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and looking at our reflection. A rumbling starts in his chest, and if I weren’t sure he was a wolf, I might have sworn he was purring.

“Hey, Em, do you know who’s car is in the driveway?” Tommy asks as he walks down the hall.

Derek pushes me behind him, shielding me from an unknown threat. He lets out a hard growl, the sound vibrating throughout the room. Tommy gulps, backing up against the wall, lowering his gaze to the ground in submission. Derek approaches him, wrapping a hand around his throat, his fingers pressing into Tommy’s neck.

I growl at Derek, running to Tommy.

“Derek, stop.” I tug on his arm, trying to get him to release Tommy. Tommy’s face is turning red, his eyes frantic. Tommy’s still young. He hasn’t changed yet. Most male wolves change at fifteen, and female wolves a year later. Being only ten his strength is very limited.

“Stop it!” I scream, when Derek doesn’t release Tommy. I catch a glimpse of Derek’s eyes. Completely silver. That means his wolf is in control.

Not knowing what else to do, I slip between Derek and Tommy, press myself against Derek and kiss him. It takes a moment for him to respond to the kiss, his eyes still on Tommy for a second before they lock with mine. I bite his lip, trying to draw his attention to me. It works, and he makes a rumbling noise in his chest before biting my lip and drawing a gasp from me. I open for him, and he slips his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues wrestle, tasting, chasing, each other. I feel his guard slip and I shove Tommy out of the way. I hear him stumble down the hall, which Derek must have heard too because he pulls back, and glares at Tommy’s retreating form. I watch his muscles tense, ready to chase after him and I know I have to do something. I can’t let him kill my brother because he interrupted us.

I brace my hands on Derek’s broad shoulders, and wrap my legs around his waist. I grind myself against him, feeling his erection through his jeans. He turns and his eyes lock with mine. They’re silver, but with lust.

I grind my hips against him, rubbing our bodies together. Derek takes a step forwards, carrying me with him, and shoves my back against the wall. Being a foot shorter than him, this position puts us even with each other.

With my back against the wall, Derek has enough room to do as he pleases. And he does. He grinds his hips, pressing his groin into mine and I moan. He wraps my hair around one hand, pulling my head to the side and attacking the mark while the other hand starts to creep up my shirt. I feel his hand cross over my stomach, and my abs tighten. He must have felt this because he groans, pushing himself further into me.