Chapter Ten

A/N: Sorry about the wait. I have a little bit of writers block. :( Enjoy...

Chapter Ten

--Emma’s POV--

A pesky sensation travels over my bare back, tickling me. I shiver as something rough rubs over my tender skin. I squirm, trying to get away from it. It feels so good pressed up against my skin, but I don’t know what it is. The texture and roughness of it makes me think of a bug, but the soft touches make me think the sheet is moving across my back.

I roll over a little, trying to inch away from the thing rubbing against my back. The feeling of it rubbing against my body is nice, warm and pleasant, but I want to sleep. I’m completely exhausted. My body is sore and my muscles feel like jello.

I wrap my arms around a pillow and tug it closer to me. Snuggling into the pillow, I sigh. This feels great. Second to what Derek and I did last night. I feel a blush heat my cheeks and I squirm in place.

A masculine chuckle fills the room. I turn my head and pull loose strands away from my face so I can see. I squint in the dim lighting of the room. I smile as Derek’s large form comes into view. He’s leaning over the bed, his chest bare with a pair of jeans hanging loosely off his lean hips.

“About time you woke up, Baby.” Derek presses his lips against mine in a tender kiss.

I smile against his mouth, realizing that it wasn’t an annoying bug or a drifting sheet pressing against my back, it was him. He was pressing kisses up and down my bare back while running his hands across my spine. I shiver as I think about it. It seems so… intimate. I suddenly realize that that’s what we are. Intimate. After last night, we both know each other as well as we’re ever going to know another person.

Derek pulls back, his hand cupping my cheek softly in the palm of his hand. A warm smile crosses his face.

“No need to blush.” I smile. I don’t mean to.

“It’s adorable,” Derek kisses each cheek. “But you don’t need to be shy around me.”

Derek presses one last kiss against my mouth before winking at me, and turning away. I slowly lick my lips, savoring the taste of him as I watch him. His bare back is taught and tight with muscle. Each movement of his arms makes muscle ripple with strength up and down his back.

Derek wrestles with something for a moment before turning back to face me. He watches my face for my reaction as he lifts a tray filled with food. He carries the silver tray over to the bed, the medium-sized tray over filled with various breakfast items, from fresh steaming items to baked goods.

My stomach rumbles at the smell of the hot food and I suddenly realize how hungry I am. No wonder, after all, last night…

Derek chuckles at the sound of my rumbling stomach.

“Which would you like?” He asks, pointing at the tray of food. I look over the options, scrambled eggs, pancakes, toast with jam, bagel, or doughnut. I nod towards the doughnut and the scrambled eggs.

Settling the tray on the nightstand Derek arranges the plate of eggs with a fork and a packet of salt and pepper. A jelly doughnut is placed on a paper towel. Holding an item in each hand Derek turns to face me.

“Not that I’m not loving the view, Baby, but I think you might want to pull the blanket up to eat.”

I blink at his comment. Blanket? I jerk when I realize what he means. I’m sitting on the bed completely nude from the waist up.

I jerk the bed sheets, which were pooled around my waist, up with a sharp tug. The blankets move and uncover my bare foot, but my chest is covered, so I’m fine with it.