Chapter Nine - Derek's POV

Chapter Nine

--Derek’s POV—

“You bitch!” I roar, pushing Elisa away from me. “You know we aren’t a thing. You knew I had a mate. You knew I was bringing her home today!” I growl, my chest rumbling. Emma. My wolf growls and I agree. Elisa is a bitch. Emma didn’t need this to happen, not on her first day back home.

I snarl at Elisa, watching happily as she bows her head and scurries away.

“Keep her out of my sight. I’ll deal with her later.” I growl at no one in particular. I notice my best friend and future Beta grab Elisa by the arm and escorting her out.

I storm into the house, shoving away anyone who tries to slow me down. I know I shouldn’t try to talk to Emma in this state, but I don’t care. I need to see my mate. I need to get her to understand. It isn’t what she thinks it is. Elisa isn’t my girlfriend, never was, not how everyone thinks.

I pull my keys out of my pocket and quickly start the car. I shift into reverse and blaze out of the driveway. I roll down my windows. I can smell Emma’s scent. I drive south a few miles and her scent becomes thicker and more prominent. I slow to a roll. The grass and leaves crunch under the wheels of my car. Normally I was be upset and about to harm myself and others for driving my baby through the grass, but right now, I only care about one thing. Emma.

I spot her through the trees and I quickly shut the car off, pocketing the keys. I hope she doesn’t see me so she doesn’t try to run away. I walk quickly and quietly towards her, my feet not making a sound against the soft ground.

I’m a few feet away from her, her back facing me. I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to say when she surprises me.

“What do you want, Derek?” I can hear the pain in her voice and it hurts me. I caused this.

“I want to talk- to explain.” My voice is rough and hard but Emma doesn’t even blink at it. I’m relieved that she doesn’t find my wolf or I frightening like most girls would.

“I’m not in the mood.” She doesn’t even turn to look at me. I hear a small sniffle and she reaches up to rub her nose. God, how long has she been crying?

Before I know what I’m doing I’m sitting behind her and wrapping my arms around her middle. She struggles, trying to pull away from me, but I grip her tightly. She continues to struggle for a few moments. I hold her to me, inhaling her sweet scent, my mouth near the mating mark on her neck. After a few minutes she stops struggling. She goes limp in my arms and says;

“Let me go, Derek.”

“No.” I state, turning her to face me. “I’m not letting you go. Not ever.”

***Emma’s POV***

I gasp at his words. Never let me go? No. He can’t. He already has that woman. Elisa. I shutter as I think about it. It hurts me to think about the two of them together. I can (kind of) stand him having sex with other women, it’s expected of him. Being an alpha, he has a harder, faster, and more developed sex drive than other wolves. It would be cruel for me to expect him to not have sex until I was of age.

What I can’t stand is him having a relationship with a woman. It was supposed to be the one thing we shared. The one thing neither of us had had before. Something that would be new to the both of us, something that we could work through together. Now we can’t because he’s already done it.

I clench my jaw and refuse to look at him. He wraps his legs around me, his body wrapped completely around mine. No matter how much I want to shove him away from me- I can’t. As mad as I am at him my wolf loves the feel of him wrapped around me. His scent and warmth encompassing me. It makes me mad. Why can’t my wolf be on my side? Why can’t she be mad at him for once?