Ch. 6 Ministry Secrets

I stared at Harry wide eyed shocked he wanted to face Voldemort on his own. We were students not Aurors. We weren't even 7th years! How could he possibly think this was a good idea?

"He will kill you Harry!" I said firmly as he nodded. He wasn't scared of what we could face at the ministry.

"I need to help Sirius. You can come or not. Your choice," he said tightly with anger in his eyes at my reluctance. It wasn't really a choice. I still couldn't believe he would ask me, a first year, to go with him. I caved a few minutes later leading me to follow Harry blindly into what I knew would be an ugly battle. A battle I was most certainly not ready for. This was a battle most aurors wouldn't be prepared for. We entered the ministry quietly. I was the only one who didn't have my wand out and ready. I knew I wouldn't be able to defend myself so why bother pretending. We reached the spot Sirius was supposed to be and my heart sank. I had a feeling this was a trap but Harry refused to listen to anyone. I stood there looking around the dark hallways when an orb floated to me. My lips parted as I reached up to grip the orb. My hand gripped the orb firmly as it spoke.

"Born of the ancient pureblood lines the sister of a dragon and stronger than all who came before her. Adored by the darkest and feared by the lightest and raised in the muggle world. Only she can determine the outcome of the war. Light or dark, the choice is hers," the orb said as I stared at it. I looked at the place the orb used to sit seeing what I assumed to be my full name on the shelf. Isabelle Nagini Malfoy. Tears filled my eyes as my fingertips brushed the name. I am the girl from the visions. And those visions were real. I am a Malfoy. I didn't get long to think about the prophecy in my hand before I noticed everyone had fired spells at the death eaters I had failed to notice. Harry and his friends scattered no one looking at me as they ran away. None of them cared to protect me during the fight being the youngest here. I froze when Bellatrix stood before me with a wicked smirk. My breathing quickened as I stared at her.

"Hello little Mudblood," she said as she stalked toward me. I didn't run or flinch as she approached which confused Bellatrix. I found myself thinking about my true identity as I looked at the woman before me.

"Not a Mudblood," I muttered bitterly as she stood in front of me wand raised. In an instant she held me in her arms as we apperated into a room where Harry stood arguing with my father. That felt weird to think, father. Bellatrix's wand dug into my chin as Harry refused to give the prophecy to my dad. I gasped as the order showed up. Bellatrix tossed me to the side and dueled with Sirius. I touched my throbbing forehead to find a small gash that was bleeding slightly. I crouched behind a rock ignoring my cut and instead tried to process what I had learned when Bellatrix killed Sirius. I watched Bellatrix's eyes fill with vicious joy before she began to speak.

"I killed Sirius Black," Bellatrix chanted as she skipped out of the room with Harry hot on her heels. I wasted no time running after Harry. Harry hit her with an unforgivable curse but Bellatrix simply laughed at Harry's weak attempt. He didn't want to use the curse as so it wouldn't hurt her the way it should. I stopped moving when Voldemort appeared behind Harry taunting him a few moments before Harry turned on him. Bellatrix's eyes landed on me as I looked at her. I knew she was my aunt and yet she had no idea who I was. I had yet to pull out my wand at all and didn't plan to. This wasn't my fight.

"You shouldn't have come Tom," Dumbledore's voice rang out as Bellatrix slid into the floo network. My heart raced as I looked at the man who caused every awful thing that happened to me. He took me from the people who loved me unconditionally and put me in a place he knew would lead to scars, emotional and physical. Anger flared in me as I looked into his blue eyes. He didn't pay any attention to me as he fought Voldemort. The battle raged and yet never came near me. It was like everyone was avoiding me to keep me safe or so I thought. I gasped as Dumbledore aimed at me sending me flying. He didn't avoid me Tom had been blocking the spells from hitting me. I landed on the floor wincing.

"She's a child Old Man!" Voldemort snapped his eyes flashing red as Dumbledore smirked. Tom had no idea who I was and Dumbledore enjoyed that. I got up slowly as something inside me shifted. A dormant power within me ripped lose healing the scratches made from hitting the ground. I gasped as I leaned against the wall weakly. By releasing the magic I had weakened myself. Dumbledore's eyes widened seeing the added power I now possessed. He focused back on Voldemort blasting him again before Voldemort vanished. Harry collapsed on the floor as I rushed over to him despite my body pleading for a break. I knelt beside Harry ignoring Dumbledore. I grabbed his hand trying to help him as he struggled on the floor against Voldemort who had entered Harry's mind. Suddenly, I could hear Harry's thoughts as I sat on the ground holding his hand.

"Where is the Malfoy girl. I know that you know Harry," Voldemort's voice spoke calmly.

"I'll never tell you. She's too powerful to give to you," Harry retorted as pain flashed through my body.

"Is that all she is to you? She's just a weapon to you?" Voldemort asked as Harry smirked.

"Of course that's all she is and all she could ever be thanks to the prophecy," Harry said before Voldemort pulled out of Harry's mind with me exiting Harry's head as well.

"Harry I will find her and I will protect her from you," Voldemort said standing over Harry. I dropped Harry's hand on the verge of tears knowing that the person I thought of as a friend didn't see me that way. I gasped as Fudge showed up causing Voldemort to flee before I could say one word to him. Voldemort wasn't as heartless as Dumbledore wanted me to believe. Voldemort wanted me safe unlike Harry. The more I learned about Harry the more his begging me to join the battle made sense, I was a weapon he wanted to use to his own advantage. I was the linchpin that could topple Voldemort.

"Harry," Dumbledore helped Harry up ignoring me like always. I got up keeping a slight gap between me and them. I kept my face neutral not wanting Dumbledore to know that I figured out my true heritage. First, I had to decide on my next move before revealing anything to anyone.