Ch. 15 Finished

Weeks passed by slowly. Draco and Harry had been fighting a lot. I knew it was only a matter of time before something happened. I didn't have to wait long before Harry attacked Draco in the bathroom seriously injuring my brother. Luckily Snape arrived before it was too late and he knew how to undo the damage Harry had done. After Harry attacked Draco I avoided him completely. I had hoped to be civil with Harry but it was clear that could never happen. It was the last few days of the year before summer and Draco had finished the cabinet.

Today was the day that the cabinet would let in the other death eaters to handle Dumbledore. I grabbed a nice black dress slipping the silk fabric over my body. While it seems silly to dress up I was a Malfoy and it was expected I uphold the Malfoy standards. Plus I wasn't going to be very involved with the invasion about to happen though I would be present for it. I walked out of the common room towards the room of requirement the fabric of my dress brushing the ground as I went. I entered the room to find a stressed out Draco standing in front of the vanishing cabinet. I took a moment before I stepped closer to Draco.

"Dray," I whispered causing him to face me. I saw the fear in his grey eyes as he looked at me.

"I don't know if I can kill Dumbledore," he said his voice laced with panic. I rushed forward cupping his face in my hands. I tried my best to ease his panic knowing the death eaters would be coming through the cabinet any moment and he needed to, at the very least, be calm even if he couldn't kill Dumbledore.

"It's okay. You are human and Tom will understand!" I said firmly as his watery grey eyes looked into my calm blue eyes. "We will help you Draco!" After a few moments he had relaxed slightly before turning his attention to the cabinet. He opened the cabinet before stepping back to take my hand. We watched as death eaters piled out of the cabinet. I gave Bella a small smile before we followed the death eaters up to the astronomy tower. Once there Draco pulled out his wand aiming at Dumbledore.

"Hello Draco," He said before his eyes shifted to me. "You aren't a killer Draco no matter what Ms. Isabelle says. You can be good," he said trying to drive a wedge between me and Draco. Anger boiled inside me at the comment Dumbledore made and clearly Draco felt the same.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco said angrily causing Dumbledore's wand to bounce away from him. Dumbledore's eyes grew hard before they settled on me. I felt my feet leave the ground as he wandlessly tossed me across the room. Pain radiated across my body as I collided with the unforgiving wall. I groaned staying on the floor while Snape stepped forward to kill Dumbledore for Draco. Draco rushed to my side seeing a gash across my forehead cutting through my left eyebrow. I had minor scratches all over my body and bruises forming. My entire body ached as I lay there.

"Is she okay?" Bellatrix asked as Draco scooped me into his arms carefully.

"She'll be fine but we need to get her to the manor. Our mom can heal her," Draco said simply. "I don't trust the traitors at this school to fix her." Bellatrix and the other death eaters flanked us on each side as we made our way through the chaotic halls of the school. Draco held me close to his body as he carried towards the exit. The death eaters deflected any spells coming towards Dray and me as we reached the exit. We walked outside and passed Hagrid's hut where Bella set it on fire. Harry shot a spell towards us but my necklace roared to life blocking the magic before Snape fought with Harry. I didn't hear the rest of their conversation as Bellatrix apperated Draco and me to the manor. Once there he placed me on the couch gently calling for our mother. I winced slightly as a slight pain danced across my body.

"What happened?" My mother asked with concern as her blue eyes roamed over my injured body. Her question made Draco sigh.

"Dumbledore sent her into a wall," he muttered with guilt in his eyes as our mother pulled out her wand. I felt my powers humming just under my skin. My mom hadn't gotten the chance to heal me before the rarely used magic flowed across my body mending every inch of my body. A smile spread across my lips at the pleasant but draining magic coursing through my veins.

"You just healed yourself," my mother gasped as I nodded sitting up.

"I'm stronger than people think," I said getting to my feet ignoring the magical fatigue. I hugged Draco in an effort to prove that it wasn't his fault I had been injured. The Dark lord entered the room his eyes falling to me instantly. I allowed him to see everything that transpired at Hogwarts. He gave a small nod of acknowledgement before congratulating Draco for allowing the death eaters to enter the castle.

"Nice work Mr. Malfoy," Tom said firmly. I smiled at Draco. It was quickly decided that it was best Draco and I rest while the adults discussed what was to come. I waltzed up the stairs about to enter the guest room when Dray stops me.

"Your real room is ready now," Draco said with a grin playing at his lips. I nodded heading towards the room. My breath hitched as I stood before the door. I stared at the knob trying to bring myself to enter the room. I was going to see the room that I would call mine. My heart pounded in my chest as I pushed the door open walking into the room. Along one wall was a queen sized mattress covered in fancy silk sheets, Slytherin green obviously. On each side of the bed was a black nightstand. On the other wall in front of a big window was a black desk with a matching black chair. The walls were white with black trim and the carpet was black. There was also a set of doors leading out onto a balcony. The room had everything I could ever want. I sat on my bed thinking about how my life could have been if I had lived here my whole life.

Would I fit in with the family better? I had manners but not to the standards of a pureblood. I hated the fact that I couldn't get the orphanage out of my head. The daily beatings from both the staff and other children in the orphanage. It hurt that Dumbledore knew how bad the orphanage was but chose to put me there anyway. A single tear slipped down my cheek before I pushed my thoughts aside wiping the tear with my hand. I got to my feet walking over to my closet. My mother had bought me clothes so I grabbed a black tank top and baggy black pajama pants to wear. I pulled them on before grabbing a binder to put my hair into a ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror with a sigh.

"You like it?" I jumped at the sound of my mother's voice. I faced her to see her leaning on the door frame.

"It's beautiful," I said with a smile. "There isn't a single thing I would change."

"I'm glad," she said approaching me. She reached up caressing my cheek. "You look so much like me when I was younger."

"I never felt like I was anything special when I was growing up and yet here you are acting like I'm the most precious thing in your world. I hate that Dumbledore deprived me of this for so long!" I said as she wrapped her arms around me holding me close.

"I love you baby. I promise, you will never feel unloved again," she whispered before releasing me. "Let me tuck you in." I climbed into the bed and while I was too old for her to tuck me in I let her and couldn't deny the joy I got from the experience the orphanage never gave me. I loved being a Malfoy.