Ch. 9 Truth is Everything

I opened the book flipping through the book until I landed on the prophecy about me. I found there wasn't much additional information other than the fact I was twice as powerful as any witch or wizard in existence. My lips parted as my wand was also mentioned in the book. The wand multiplied my powers and would only bond with me, no other wizard could use my wand. No one knew why the wand refused other wizards but it always did. I shut the book as a single tear slipped down my cheek. Every emotion I had been holding back came spilling out. Tears fell down my cheeks bouncing off the old cracked cover of the book resting on my lap.

Dumbledore took me but was also so terrified of me that he tried to kill me and make it look like an accident during the battle at the ministry. Did my family know about my powers before I was taken, did the dark lord? My own mother didn't have any idea who I was and that was the part of my story that hurt the most. I wanted her so desperately but she had no idea. I hadn't felt loved and every single day I wished for my mother to come save me from the orphanage but the thing was she didn't even know if I was alive or not so she had no way to protect me. She couldn't have saved me even if she wanted to because I was purposively hidden from her.

I didn't cry for long as the door was blown across the room. I gasped looking into the faces of several aurors. I didn't have even a second to react as they grabbed my arms roughly. The book fell to the ground as I struggled trying to break free but all that happened was they held tighter forming bruises on my arms. The aurors yanked me downstairs without a care towards me.

"What are you doing?" I snapped but instead I was shoved into the entryway where Lucius was magically handcuffed and Narcissa was clinging to Draco with tears in her blue eyes. She had placed her body between Draco and the aurors as if to shield him from them. Narcissa tried to calm Draco as she held him tightly against her body but she was barely able to keep herself together. My heart broke at the pain in her eyes. She saw yet another member of her family being ripped away. I saw the sadness she felt reflected in the eyes of her husband, my father, and the terror in Draco's eyes.

"Isabelle," Arthur said catching my attention. She shouldn't be here. The brat lied and Dumbledore will be furious. I could hear his thoughts causing my irritation to rise. "Are you ready to come with me to the Burrow? Molly wants you to be a proper Weasley." He said forcing a happy grin across his face. I looked at the men holding me with irritation.

"Let go or I'll make you!" I growled at the two men holding me. They shared a look with each other before cautiously letting go of my arms as I continued to glare at the aurors with anger. Slowly I tore my gaze away from the men focusing on Arthur. "I am not nor will I ever be a Weasley!" I spat my blue eyes filled with defiance as I spoke. I saw the fear on Draco's face grow as I continued to glare at Arthur.

"I'm sorry but you need to come with me," Arthur said calmly as he gripped my arm apperating out before I could stop him. I froze seeing every member of the Order staring at me. "She was at Malfoy Manor." He announced to the room as he walked over to Molly wrapping his arm around her.

"Clear the room," Dumbledore said as everyone rushed to follow his command. He looked at me before lazily flicking his wand to me. "Crucio." Pain sent me crashing to the floor. I held back a scream not wanting to give him the satisfaction. "You are worthless and powerless Isabelle. You don't even have a family that loves you!" I breathed heavily as he released me from the spell. His words hurt me but I knew the truth and that meant I had a family, one who wanted me desperately. I forced myself to my feet slowly but stood defiantly despite the pain radiating across my body from the curse. His spell had been stronger than the one Umbridge had used on me. I glared at Dumbledore in anger. "Obliviate." My eyes widened in fear, I didn't want to forget because then I wouldn't know the truth. I couldn't stop the spell as it crashed against my body causing me to take a step back. I waited for my memories to fade and yet I remembered everything that he had just done. My memories remained intact. I quickly masked my surprise feigning confusion as I looked at him.

"What happened?" I asked him softly.

"The Malfoys attacked you at their home and Arthur rescued you," Dumbledore said. Internally, I was growing in irritation but outside, I forced a tear out playing out the girl Dumbledore wanted me to be.

"I thought Draco was my friend," I said faking my sadness.

"I know but at least you are safe now," Dumbledore said firmly before putting his hand on my shoulder gently. "Molly has a proposition for you Miss Isabelle. She would like to adopt you." I opened my mouth pretending the shock on my face was real.

"I would love to be a Weasley more than anything but the thing is I still don't know who my parents were. I know it's stupid but I want to at least know who they are before I become a Weasley," I said cautiously. I wanted to say no but also make him believe that I was on his side.

"That is understandable but you may never know who they are," Dumbledore said firmly. I nodded at him.

"I would rather stay an orphan than give up without ever figuring out who they are," I said softly letting a sadness fill my features. "I'm sorry I just need to know."

"Okay. I'll let Molly know," he said before walking out. I glared at the now closed door as the rage built inside of me. My power bubbled to the surface but I quickly put the magic back under my control. I had to be careful how I acted while I was here. I was powerful but I wasn't strong enough or experienced enough to fight the entire Order by myself. I had to wait for the right moment to break free and run. I plastered a smile on my face before I left the room to find some other Order members. I would have to return to school tomorrow and that meant I couldn't tell Bellatrix the truth as promised but I hoped Draco would tell her what happened so she would understand. I quickly located Molly giving her a smile.

"Molly. I need my supplies for school," I told her as she smiled at me.

"Already bought them. I expected you to return before the school year," she said before pulling me into a tight hug. "Why don't you go find a room while we finish up our meeting? We are staying here until after you return to school."

"Alright," I said rushing up the stairs. I found an empty room shutting the door. I looked at the ceiling for a moment before walking over to the bed laying down. I shut my eyes drifting asleep only to find myself pulling into yet another dream.

"My Lord," Lucius bowed to him.

"Lucius," Voldemort smiled at him. "How's Cissy?"

"She's wonderful. She's with our daughter as we speak," Lucius said.

"Can I go up and see the newest Malfoy?" He asked Lucius.

"Of course," Lucius replied. Voldemort walked up to the room where Narcissa was holding a tiny little girl in her arms.

"She's beautiful," the Dark lord said looking down at the baby with a small smile.

"Thank you my lord. We were trying to pick a middle name but were having some problems deciding. Do you have any ideas?" She asked him softly.

"How about Nagini after my snake?" He asked as she grinned. While naming a child after a snake was weird the name fit and was a high honor as Tom hadn't loved anything more than his pet snake.

"It's perfect. Tom, would you be her godfather?" Cissy asked taking her eyes off the baby to look up at Voldemort. Voldemort didn't care about formalities with his inner circle though many of his inner circle preferred to call him my lord rather than Tom. Only a few called him Tom and Narcissa was one of them.

"I would love to. She will have everything I can give," he said reach to stroke the baby's cheek gently with love in his eyes. "The world will be hers."

"Thank you," Cissy said to him.

"I must go but I wanted to see how you were and the new baby," he said as she looked down at the baby she was holding with so much love. Tom gave the mother and child a loving smile before apperating away.