Ch. 11 Family Christmas

We all sat together eating. Most of the adults talked to each other while Harry and Ginny spent a lot of time talking to Ron. I was quiet for most of dinner listening to people pretending to be engaged in the conversation. After the food was gone we all headed up to our rooms while the adults stayed downstairs to have a more serious conversation.

"So what do you think so far? Are you enjoying the family break?" Ginny asked with a smile. I gave her a grin as I answered.

"Yeah. I have never felt like I had anyone who cared for me and now I feel like you are my family Gin! I hadn't realized what it felt like to have a family," I said facing Ginny as I sat on my bed.

"Don't worry, it's just starting. You'll see what it means to be a true Weasley soon!" Ginny said turning the light off as she got into her own bed. "I bet mom even made you a Weasley jumper!"

"I look forward to spending Christmas morning with you Gin. Night," I said brightly. I turned curling up in bed shortly after Ginny. I had my back to Ginny as my smile faded. I wanted to be anywhere but here. My eyes drifted shut as I fell into a dreamless sleep only to be woken hours later with death eaters crashing through the house. I jumped up grabbing my wand from beside my bed before sprinting down the stairs. I dodged the flying debris as I raced out of the house where everyone was. I feigned fear when in actuality a joy spread across my body at the prospect of being rescued. I hoped that was what brought them to the Burrow.

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix's voice rang out of the still night causing Harry to run away from the group after her. I quickly followed him before a ring of fire surrounded the house. I reached Harry quickly and I could sense the death eaters around us. My eyes found Bellatrix's and I saw a wicked grin on her lips. My wand was gripped tightly in my hand. I stood a few feet from Harry as Greyback emerged from the other side of the clearing. I looked around trying to process the best way to get rescued without Harry realizing that was what was happening. I took a few steps closer to Bellatrix hoping that she would take me to Malfoy Manor at the end of whatever they were doing.

"Bellatrix," I breathed as Harry looked towards me. She gave a slightly nod one so small no one else would know she was nodding. I was right, they had come for me without even knowing who I was. They cared enough to risk getting caught. Or at the very least Draco cared enough to orchestrate my release. I resisted the urge to smile at the thought of seeing my family again. My thoughts were interrupted by Harry calling me.

"Isabelle," Harry said holding his wand up. "Help me." I nodded to Harry though I wouldn't actually help him. I threw harmless spells aiming to the right of Bellatrix missing her. After a few moments Ginny arrived rushing to Harry. I let out a fake scream as I pretended to fall near Bellatrix. Harry watched as Bellatrix reached for me with a sinister smirk on her lips. She grabbed my arm roughly apperating away moments before a few adults arrived to help Harry and Ginny. I breathed heavily once we landed outside the Manor. I took a moment before getting to my feet. I looked at Bellatrix as my breathing calmed.

"Thank you," I told her my blue eyes brimmed with tears. She looked at me with a small amount of concern.

"Are you okay?" She asked me looking at my arm she had grabbed as I gave her a nod. There was a bruise forming on my arm but it was bound to happen considering the way the rescue needed to happen.

"I'm fine I'm just glad to be away from the Order," I said firmly as she led me inside gently. Once I stepped into the manor Draco crashed against me tackling me onto the floor. I winced but couldn't help the smile forming as I looked at my brother.

"Oh Isa! I'm sorry about what happened to you," He said holding me in his arms. He got up quickly before helping me off the floor.

"Where's your mom?" I asked Draco as a haunted look spread across his face.