Ch. 24 Returned

I pulled away from my mother gently. I looked at Tom and my father as my mother gripped my hand in hers.

"What is the plan?" I asked them.

"Well the twins are currently doing a radio show telling our side of things. My best are trying to track down Harry but haven't yet. You will head back to Hogwarts," he told me as I nodded.

"I expect Potter to turn up there soon," Tom said as images flashed through my head of all his Horcruxes. My lips parted in shock as I felt each one get obliterated leaving 3 left, only 2 out of Harry's possession. I knew what I needed to do.

"I'll guard it with my life," I said to Tom who nodded. "I need my wand." I said abruptly before I held out my hand. I shut my eyes feeling the thread of magic connecting the two of us. Within a few moments the wand raced through the house landing in the palm of my hand. I smirked as the familiar warmth spread across my body before it died down.

"Be safe," my mother said tearfully as she and my father walked closer to me. Both pulled me into their arms causing a smile to spread across my lips before I slipped out of their arms.

"I love you both," I said to them before making my way over to the floo. "Hogwarts Headmaster's office." I said throwing down the powder. When I arrived I came face to face with Severus. The stress came off him in waves causing me to clear my throat. His head snapped over to me before a flash of relief filled his features.

"You're back and alright Miss Malfoy," he stated.

"That I am Headmaster. What is troubling you?" I asked him as he frowned.

"The Gryffindors keep trying to uprise and overtake the school. They don't realize that I'm trying to keep the school the same just without the controlling influence Dumbledore used to have," Severus said with sadness in his dark eyes. He cared about the students even if they didn't see it.

"I can try and help though I'm not sure what good it will do considering I am a Malfoy," I said simply wanting to do whatever I could to help Severus.

"Thank you Miss Malfoy," he said giving me a rare smile. I turned to leave when he spoke up. "Glad you're back." I looked over my shoulder with a signature Malfoy smirk.

"Me too," I said before I exited his office. It didn't take long for news to spread across the school I was back but I didn't care. I needed to see my brother. I found him pacing around in front of his friends. I could see the toll this war was having on my big brother. His face was pale, paler than normal and his eyes had dark rings around them like he hadn't slept for months. He also seemed like he lost a lot of weight. "Dray!" I called to him. He stopped moving instantly before pivoting towards me.

"Isa," he said his face breaking into a grin filled with love. He rushed forward embracing me tightly. "I'm glad you're doing better."

"I missed you a lot," I told him as he pulled back looking me over.

"You look like your normal self," he said to me.

"Yeah. I healed nicely," I said not mentioning the specifics due to the fact that other people were around.

"I can't believe our parents let you come back to school so quickly," he said as I laughed.

"Yeah well it's not like I would take no for an answer," I said with a confident smile. I glanced around the courtyard my eyebrows pinched in concern. "Where is everyone? Why are only the Slytherins out?"

"The others have been hiding in their common rooms. Well except the Ravenclaws. The Ravenclaws are loving the new curriculum and are studying harder to get high marks," Draco said as I frowned. Why couldn't the other houses realize that the school was better off without Dumbledore and Harry making everything complicated? For once schooling was coming first.
(Time skip because I am lazy)
A few weeks went by calmly. The Gryffindors has stopped trying to oust Snape the moment I returned. I think they were scared of me but I didn't care as long as it was peaceful here. I was sitting in the courtyard under a tree reading one of my textbooks when I felt the atmosphere change. An energy pulse through the school, a familiar one I recognized. I took off at a run to find Professor Snape. I sprinted through the hallways as everyone stared at me wondering what was happening. I finally found Snape in the Great Hall talking to Alecto and Amycus.

"Headmaster," I shouted causing him to look away from the Carrows to me.

"Yes Miss Malfoy," he said giving me his undivided attention as I stood before him panting.

"I think he's here. I felt a shift in the magic within the school," I told him. His face hardened knowing who I was referring to before he walked off. Within a few minutes he had ordered everyone to the Great Hall. Instead of staying in the Great Hall with the other students I snuck out of the room and made my way to the Room of Requirement. I needed to protect the Horcrux at all cost.

I slipped inside finding the Diadem within a few moments. Once I grabbed the Diadem I sat down holding tightly to the delicate object. An idea popped into my head causing me to shut my eyes. I reached for the piece of Tom's soul buried deep within the object. A smile graced my lips when I managed to wrap my magic securely around Tom's soul. I began to lift his soul out of the object and into my body leaving only the dark magic within the object. The magic swirled violently around the room until his soul merged with my body.

I set the Diadem back where I found it before exiting the room. I raced through the school reaching the Great Hall. When I stepped into the Great Hall I saw Harry yelling at Severus. I ran to Severus's side glaring at Harry and his friends. Snape raised his wand only for McGonagall to step forward sending a curse towards Severus and I. He blocked spell after spell as we backed away from her. When he saw that he would lose he grabbed my arm apperating away with me. He knew I wouldn't make it if I had stayed there even with my immense power.

"Call him," I told Severus when we landed but he just grinned at me. "You already called him."

"Yes Miss Malfoy," he said motioning to the crowd moving towards Hogwarts.

"Hello Isa," Fred and George said coming over to me. I gave them each a hug. I had missed them. I hadn't seen them much since the wedding.

"How have you both been?" I asked them as they shrugged.

"Pretty good all thing considered," Fred said before George chimed in.

"Our mom was right mad when she found out we weren't on the Order's side," George said.

"It was comical seeing her turn five different shades of red when we displayed our dark marks with pride," Fred said with a laugh. I was surprised how well they were taking being labeled as traitors by their own family.

"I missed you both," I told them sincerely with a soft smile while my eyes looked through the crowd for my own family. I finally I spotted my aunt causing my smile to widen.

"Bella," I cheered throwing myself into her arms.

"Isabelle, what are you doing here?" She asked as I sighed.

"Harry was at the school and McGonagall chased Severus out. I went with Severus," I told her simply.

"I need to see Tom." I said softly as I glanced around the group for him. He would usually be close to Bellatrix as she was his most loyal.

"He's not here yet. He should be soon," my mother spoke up causing me to look over at them. I grinned rushing away from my aunt hugging both my parents. "You seem different." My mother said. I shook off what she said but knew she was probably sensing the piece of Tom's soul hiding inside me. I couldn't let him be vulnerable and since no one knew what I had done no one could destroy that part of his soul. I didn't care what I had to do, I would protect my family until my final breath.