Ch. 10 Return to School

I woke with tear stains on my cheeks. The dream had made me emotional while also answering some of my questions. Voldemort cared for me genuinely and not only for my magic just as my parents do. My emotions felt out of control, I wasn't used to people caring about me. I got to my feet wiping away the tears before heading down stairs where Ron and his family were eating breakfast. I smiled taking a seat eating some as well. We only had a few minutes before we would be leaving to return to school. I finished quickly before we went to the floo network to make our way to the train station.

Once at the train station we all waved goodbye to Arthur and Molly before sprinting with our luggage to the train. I found an empty compartment sitting down. Draco joined me moments later.

"You have to go," I said quickly. "I can't explain but I'm going to pretend to be scared of you Dray."

"Okay," He said in confusion as he exited the compartment leaving me alone. I sighed before grabbing a book out of my trunk. I read the book until we were close to Hogwarts and then I went and changed into my robes. Once the train stopped I got off walking to the carriages. They were supposed to pull themselves but I saw the creature in front pulling it. I knew why I saw it and the fact that I could bothered me. I wanted to be carefree like the rest of my classmates but I wasn't and would never be. I didn't eat much for dinner that night and went to bed early. Throughout the rest of the weeks to come I stayed away from Draco. I missed him and wanted nothing more than to explain what was happening but I couldn't. If I told him I risked Dumbledore finding out. I couldn't face Dumbledore yet and I had to protect my brother from him.

(Skip to Christmas Break cause I'm lazy)
I packed a few clothes to take with me on the break. Just as I was about to leave I decided to sneak a note to Draco explaining what Dumbledore had done and the story he gave me. I also explained how I couldn't get away from the Order on my own especially because I couldn't use magic outside of school because of the whole underage magic issue. I had run out of ideas and figured Draco might have a few ideas to help me escape so I had to risk it. I left the note in Draco's trunk, the one he would be taking before I left to head to the train station. I was told to go to the Burrow for break. I knew it wasn't an optional invitation if I wanted them to believe I was still the ignorant broken little girl they needed me to be.

"Isabelle," Ginny said linking her arm with mine. "Are you excited for a true Weasley Christmas?" She asked as I nodded plastering a fake smile on my lips.

"I can't wait," I told her as we sat down. We rode together in silence towards Kings Cross station. We got off the train flooing to the Burrow together. The moment I stepped out of the fireplace Molly pulled me into her standard hug. I smiled at her as she released me.

"How was school?" She asked me.

"It was good. I learned a ton," I said with a grin despite the anger lurking inside me. She nodded before turning her attention to Ginny.

I entered the living room my eyes drifting to the shabby tree in the corner. Beneath the tree I saw a pile of presents waiting to be opened. I ignored the gifts instead going up to my shared room with Ginny. I sat on my bed with a textbook in my hands. I read up on spells more advanced than those Harry was using. If a fight was coming I was going to be ready. That was how most of the break went by except when I was required to come down with the family. I had to keep them all believing that I genuinely wanted to belong with the Weasleys.

"Isabelle come on!" Ginny said as I sighed. I didn't want to talk with anyone much less go outside with them but here I was outside. I stood beside Ginny while she conversed with Harry and Ron. My mind wandered to my real family as I pictured what they were doing right now. My parents would be getting ready for a massive ball while Draco hung out with his friends. My mother would be focused on finding the perfect gown most likely black or blue to match her eyes. If I was there I would be shopping with her for a dress and on the day of the ball she would do my hair for me. We would talk for hours about the boys I was crushing on and she would have been there through every heart break. I longed to be able to do those things and yet here I was outside a rundown house listening to Ginny flirt with Harry while trying to ignore them. I hadn't gotten a normal life as I had no balls or boys to talk about, no heartbreak at least the trivial kind of heartbreak. The heartbreak I had was deep and not something that would heal quickly.

"Isabelle, what are you most excited for this Christmas?" Ron asked as I flashed him a false grin.

"I'm excited to spend time with family. I haven't really had one before now," I said simply as Ginny threw her arms around me.

"Aw love you too sis," she said as I hugged her back.

"Anyway I should go see if Molly needs help with dinner," I said to Ginny. I walked inside to find her almost done with the food. I decided since the food was almost done I'd set the table. Anything to avoid hanging out with Harry, Ron and Ginny but also to seem like I cared about the family. Once the table was set I went back to the kitchen only to hear Molly and Arthur whispering to each other.

"Albus said she has to treat us like family or at the next battle we need to take her out. It's to look like an accident or that the death eaters killed her," Arthur said firmly.

"Why?" She asked him.

"He said she's too dangerous to be a wild card in the war," Arthur said as I walked out of the kitchen deciding to sit at the dinner table so they didn't know I heard them talking about me. I pondered ways to show them I was on their side even if I wasn't truly on their side. Molly walked out of the kitchen a few minutes later to set the table only to find me and the completely ready table.

"Isabelle. You didn't need to do that," she said as I grinned.

"It was the least I could do. I'm really starting to feel like a member of your family so I wanted to thank you. You accepted me even though I wasn't ready to officially be a Weasley," I told her getting up to hug her. I picture my mother as I hugged Molly trying to make my love seem real even though it was anything but.

"You are welcome Isabelle. You are a sweet girl and I hope one day you will officially join the family," Molly said before letting me go. She planted a kiss on my forehead before looking into my blue eyes. I could see the darkness behind her words knowing she was thinking about Dumbledore's order. "I'll go get the rest of the family and then we can start dinner. The rest of the Order should be here soon."