Ch. 8 Draco

I sat in the room most of the time only leaving to check for anything related to the prophecy. I still hadn't found a single clue and that irritated me. I had entered Knockturn Alley several times since seeing Bellatrix but haven't seen her since. I sighed flopping back on my bed staring at the ceiling in boredom. That's when I heard a pecking at my window. I sat up seeing an owl with a letter. I opened the window taking the letter gently.

Isa,
I wanted to check in to see how you are. I figured you might have been getting tired of the orphanage. As I said before you can come over anytime to stay the rest of summer. How has it been being there? Have you found what you were looking for? I miss you and I hope to see you soon.
Draco Malfoy

I smiled at the letter before deciding it was time to see my family even if I didn't tell them who I was. I wrote on the back of the letter as I didn't have any parchment at the moment.

Draco,
I miss you too. I found nothing about my parents at the orphanage and as you suspected I am starting to hate it here. I would love to come though I need someone to pick me up. I'll meet them in front of Ollivanders in a few hours if that works for you.
Your friend,
Isabelle

I placed the letter in the bird's talons telling the bird to bring it to Draco. I watched the bird fly away only to return a few minutes later with his reply.

See you soon.

I grabbed my bag checking out of the inn before walking to the meeting point. I didn't wait more than a few minutes before Narcissa, my mother, showed up. I smiled at her as her cool gaze fell on my small form. I knew I was small for my age because I wasn't fed much at the orphanage.

"Hello Mrs. Malfoy," I said as she gave me a smile. I could see how forced the smile was but I ignored it.

"Hello Isabelle. Draco has told me so much about you. I look forward to getting to know you better," she said though I could see her hesitation. I found myself reading her mind. Lovely girl but she may be a mudblood and I cannot have that around my son. She could hurt him. Plus she's with the Order.

"I also look forward to that," I said taking her offered arm. She apperated us to her home, my home. We stood inside the big home as my breath hitched. Just like my dreams which I now think are memories. "Your home is beautiful, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Thank you Isabelle," she said with the same forced smile she always gave me. I knew why her smile was forced and it was a mixture of my unknown blood status to her as well as reminding her of the little girl taken from her. It also didn't help that I appeared to be friends with the Order. I was her daughter but she just didn't know that and I couldn't bring myself to tell her. Not yet.

"Isa!" Draco yelled before running down the stairs basically tackling me as he hugged me. Narcissa's eyes widened in shock as her well mannered pureblood son ignored proper behavior when greeting a guest. I smiled glad to be in my brother's arms but pulled away quickly.

"I missed you Dray," I said as he smirked at me.

"Come on. I'll give you the tour and then introduce you to the rest of the family," Draco said grabbing my arm pulling me up the stairs. I gave Narcissa a wave as Draco and I disappeared from sight. "Are you okay?" He asked pausing to face me. "You seem different, quiet."

"I'm fine really Dray I just am disappointed I didn't find what I was looking for," I said softly as he gave a small nod. I could see the curiosity in his grey eyes caving as I spoke. "Okay I'm going to tell you something but you can't tell anyone even your parents."

"What?" He asked as I looked into his eyes.

"I am looking for information regarding the prophecy I gave you," I said as his eyes widened. He pushed me into a random room shutting the door casting a silencing charm.

"That was you? Where did you find it?" He asked as I bit my lip unsure how to answer without telling him I'm his sister.

"That doesn't matter but I went as far as to enter Knockturn Alley several times trying to find stuff," I said simply as his jaw dropped. "I even ran into your aunt." I was quick to reassure him about the encounter I had with Bellatrix, "She didn't hurt me." I said before realization dawned on me. "And did you just use magic outside of school?"

"It's fine my dad has a guy who hides my magic use," Draco said quickly before focusing on the real conversation we were having. "What did you tell her?" He asked as I looked into his eyes.

"I told her the dark lord shielded me from harm at the ministry and that I would fully explain by the end of summer what I was looking for. I also mentioned I'm a pureblood. She didn't believe me but I know it's true I just can't tell you why I know yet," I said as he listened to me speak. I expected him to ask a lot of questions but instead he just trusted me.

"I'll show you something but you can't tell anyone I did," he said after a few moments as I nodded. He took me out of the room and into a huge library. He walked off to grab something then returned. He held the book out to me as I took the black leather book into my hands. It was a list of dark prophecies. "This will tell you what you need to know that the orb didn't tell you."

"Thank you Draco and I promise I'll tell you why I care so much soon," I said giving him a brief hug before exiting the room only to realize I didn't have a room yet. I turned around as Draco laughed.

"Your room is right across the hall," he said as I rolled my eyes before walking quickly to the room I had been given. I sat on the bed staring at the book that had the answers I needed. I gripped the cover in my fingers taking a shaky breath to calm my nerves before I opened the old book.