He Maid Me Feel Safe

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

*Boom!*

I jumped. Fuck. There just had to be lightning. I was terrified of lightning. I was currently in Zack's guest bedroom under my blanket cowering in fear.

Zack had been weirdly sweet to me a couple minutes ago. I want to go over and hang out with him but he's probably asleep right now.

*Boom*

Fuck it, I'll risk waking him up over the alternative.

I quietly walk down the hall to his room. After debating whether or not I should really do this, I knock quietly on his door.

He opens the door and oh my god. He's wearing nothing but boxers and I could just have an eyegasm right now. So hot. His abs look so delicious, call me weird but I just wanna lick his abs.

Some girl was probably doing that before you came here.

I really dislike my mind.

He widens his eyes when he sees it's me and I try to look at his face and not that hot bod of his. I think he sees me struggling to keep eye contact because he smirks.

"Come into my lair," he winks.

I just laugh, I don't know what is up with guys and calling their rooms their 'lair' or 'man cave'.

His room isn't messy like I expected it to be, it's actually quite clean. I don't know where I should sit so I kind of just awkwardly stand.

"You can sit on my bed you know," He chuckles.

"Umm..."

"I won't bite pumpkin."

"Don't call me that," I pout.

Because it's so cute.

Get a grip Ari.

He scoots over and makes some room for me. My palms start getting sweaty because I'm so nervous. I look up at him and he's looking at me so intently I can't look away.

His eyes start going down, raking all over my body. But eventually coming back to look into my eyes.

I start feeling self conscious. I'm only wearing a tank top and shorts. I probably should've wore a shirt at least.

I'm probably red by now, so I don't dare look up at Zack. I think he senses how self conscious I am because he picks his shirt up from the ground and throws it at me.

"You can wear that since you look like you're about to die from blushing so much pumpkin," he smirks.

I of course blush and then put the shirt on.

"I don't get why you're so self conscious about your body when you couldn't be any more perfect."

Did he just compliment me?

Yes, he did.

"I would rather have a guy like me for something other than just my body," I reply calmly.

He seems to think about this for a while before responding.

"Ari, you're smart. A nerd practically. You can be funny, when you want to be. You're extremely kind to everyone, whether they deserve it or not. And you're beautiful. So fucking beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have you."

I just sit there speechless.

He moves closer to me.

"I would be lucky to have you," he whispers.

We are so close now that I can feel his warm breath.

His eyes are so hypnotizing.

He glances at my lips and my heart rate speeds up. Our lips are just inches away now.

Is he gonna kiss me?

Do I want him to?

Yes. Kiss me.

Why isn't he kissing me?

Be patient bitch. Okay.

He slowly presses his lips against mine. Now I know why people make their first kiss a big deal.

It feels so heavenly. His lips are so smooth, moving in sync with mine. He tastes likes oranges and I can't get enough.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. The butterflies in my stomach intensify. The fireworks in my heart exploding at a rapid pace.

All too soon it's over. And I'm looking into those beautiful green eyes and the beautiful smile that belongs to Zack.

I'm glad he's my first kiss.

"I like you Ari. Really like you."

"I like you too," I smile.

Now we're both smiling like idiots.

*Boom!*

Next thing I know I'm on his lap.

"S-sorry," I stutter.

"Aww is Ari afraid of a little thunder?" He teases.

I roll my eyes and try to get off his lap. But he holds me still.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you. I'll always protect you," he says seriously.

I give him a genuine smile.

"You can stay here for tonight if you want."

"I um don't think that's a good-" but he cuts me off.

"We're not going to do whatever dirty thoughts you're thinking," he smirks.

He knows me too well.

I hesitate in answering.

"Just get in Ari, I promise no funny business."

I slowly get into bed with him and he wraps his arms around me. I feel so secure being with him.

I'm falling for the bad boy and there is nothing I can do stop it.

I drift off into a blissful sleep with Zack's arms wrapped tightly around me.

His words replay in my head over and over again.

I'll always protect you...