Whatever Doesn't Kill you, Only Makes you Stronger

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

You know that one ex that just doesn't go away no matter what? Well that's Emily for you. She just wouldn't stop trying to get close to Zack again. I know they got partnered up for a stupid project in class, but she didn't have to try so hard to get back on Zack's good side. But I tried not to let it get to me because Zack would always look at me with a tremendous amount of guilt clear in his eyes whenever she was near him. As if just talking to his ex was something to be guilty about. I knew he didn't have any feelings for her, so why would he feel guilty? It's not like he kissed her or something.

It was still hard to have to sit in class and watch her act all flirty with my boyfriend right in front of me though like she was doing right now. Zack just looked extremely uncomfortable with whatever she was saying to him, so that made things a little bit better.

The bell finally rang making Zack abruptly stand up and come over to my desk looking extremely relieved to not be anywhere near Emily.

All of a sudden Emily is at my desk as well with a smirk on her face as she looks at Zack, "Don't forget or it'll eat you alive," she says before walking away leaving me greatly confused.

"What was that about?"

"N-nothing," he says clearing his throat, "It was nothing."

"Okay," I say drawing the word out before leaving the classroom with Zack.

"Do you think that lying in certain situations is okay?" Zack randomly questions.

"Well it depends on the situation. If someone came up to me with a gun asking me to point someone out, it's not like I would say 'Oh I cannot tell a lie' and tell them so the person could get shot. I'd just point at someone I didn't like, no I'm just kidding stop looking at me like that," I finish laughing at the incredulous look on his face at my last sentence.

"So would you say it's okay to not tell someone something that you know would upset them?" He asks.

"It depends on if I'm better off not knowing. But then people would say you shouldn't tell someone if you cheat on them. Personally, I would like to know if whoever I'm with is being faithful or not. Cheating is wrong and, even though some would say the other person would be better off not knowing, you should still tell them the truth."

"What if they didn't mean to cheat and it just happened?"

"That's what people who cheat say. I've read plenty of books where it just happened, but even then they could've done something about it. Why are you asking all these questions anyways?" I wonder.

"No reason."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah. Pretty sure."

"Well I have to get to class, I'll meet up with you later okay?"

"Okay."

I give him a quick peck on the lips before heading to class.

****

"I'm glad everything is good between us again." I say breathlessly in between our kisses.

"Me too," he replies equally as breathless as me.

We're back at my house supposedly 'studying', but I'm pretty sure my mom knew we wouldn't be studying because she made us keep the door open. Not that I would be doing that while my mother was home. But I do think I'll definitely be doing that if things keep going the way they are right now.

Zack told me that Emily was the one that sent that text to me telling me to show Luke to which I wasn't even slightly surprised. She would do something like that. He also told Vanessa and she forgave me saying that she would've done the same thing to potentially save her relationship as well. Luke and her still haven't worked things out though, plus he still hasn't worked it out with Zack either. Luke has been pretty much hanging out alone the past few days, although I sometimes see him with Nick. To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah his girlfriend lied about not being a virgin, but is that something to really end a relationship over? I don't know, maybe that's just me...