Fixing the Mistakes we Maid

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

"Lexi, just go fix it with him," I suggest.

"He won't listen to me," she says sobbing.

I sigh, gently rubbing my hand up and down her back.

Lexi and Nick are still not speaking to each other. Zack, Luke, and I have done everything we can to get them to talk but they're both equally stubborn. Nick refuses to talk to Lexi because of a reason Zack said was too personal for him to even tell me about. Lexi won't talk to him either saying that he will 'most likely not forgive me anyways'.

I've done everything I can for her. Eating ice cream with her while watching movies, letting her sit and whine about how Nick is probably out doing whatever with another girl (which she then felt bad about saying and apologized greatly since that's what got her into this mess in the first place), and letting her come over and vent about how she messed up, since her brother doesn't know anything about this. That's been another issue altogether, keeping this from her brother. But thanks to Tori, he's been a little occupied lately.

"You won't know until you try Lexi."

She stays silent, rocking herself back and forth.

My phone rings, surprising me. I look at the caller ID and see Alex's name which startles me. Tori said she would keep him busy.

"Uh hey," I answer nervously hoping he doesn't notice the slight tremor in his voice.

"Is Lexi with you?" He asks a slight panic in his voice.

"Yeah she is."

"Has she been dating someone? And tell me the truth Ari."

My body stiffens when I hear that, but I can't let Lexi get in trouble and that brings me back to my senses, "Don't be ridiculous Alex," I state with what I hope is a laugh, "Why would you think that?"

"I've just been hearing rumors that she's dating that guy that's friends with your boyfriend."

"N-no, you know how rumors are."

"Yeah, well I'll see you later, bye."

"Uh-huh, bye."

I breathe a sigh of relief as I hang up.

I look over and notice Lexi looks to be sleeping on the couch. I sigh, grabbing a blanket to put over her. Her nose is red and puffy, while you can clearly see the dried tears that were just running down her face. I go upstairs to get a movie that I can watch while she's sleeping when I hear the doorbell ring.

I go back downstairs with the movie in my hand and unlock the door, wishing seconds later that I looked through the peephole because Alex is standing there pissed.

"I thought I told you not to lie to me?" He snarls harshly.

"Alex I'm sorry I-"

"Some friend you are," he cuts off bitterly.

I feel like I've been slapped when he says that as he pushes me aside going upstairs to probably chew his sister out.

I'm about to close the door when I notice Tori coming up the steps with dried tears also on her face as she forces a smile on her face.

"I'm sorry he got me to admit they were dating."

"It's okay it's not your fault Tori," I sigh.

"I should have tried harder, maybe if I-"

"Ari get up here now!" I hear Alex yell from upstairs.

"Really it's okay Tori," I say before running up the stairs.