Summer Break

It was the last day of school and I spent the day doing my online home-schooling classes. I had to go to school and graduate somehow. I finished my courses for the day and sat at by window-seat. I looked out the window and saw into Archie's house. I was able to get an angle on the street and saw people cheering as they were walking home. I sighed and I heard my bedroom door burst open.

"Last day of school!" Kevin, Archie, and Veronica screamed. They were holding a cake that had 4 candles. I laughed and they sat down on the bed.

"You're only supposed to do that when it's someone's birthday. You guys are crazy." I giggled. They handed me a candle and then took one for themselves.

"We make one wish. If we say them out loud, they'll definitely come true. It is inner circle only." Veronica smiled.

"I wish for a faithful boyfriend." Kevin smiled.

"I wish for a Porsche." Veronica said.

"I wish for a new guitar." Archie smiled.

As I was about to say my wish. I sighed and shook my head. The only wish I wanted, I couldn't have it anyways.

"I have everything I need." I shrugged. My friends all booed.

"Make a wish!" Archie exclaimed.

"I wish...to feel the warmth of the sun and be able to go to school with my friends. But we all know that's never gonna happen." I sighed and blew out my candle. I threw it in trash and my friends did the same to theirs. Archie handed us all forks and we started to eat the cake.

"This is so good. Did your mom makes this, Archie?" I asked. Archie nodded. We all laughed and joked for awhile.

"Ok, so listen up. Cheryl Blossom is having a huge party tonight at Thornhill. We have to go!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Omg! Betty needs to come with us!" Veronica exclaimed. I shook my head and buried my face into my pillow.

"Come on, B! It'll be fun! You really need to stop spending your nights watching movies with your family and watching true crime documentaries." Veronica said lifting me up.

"I don't even know her! I can't go."

"You can, and you will." Kevin nodded.

"Fine!"

My friends cheered and started jumping around. I started laughing and jumping around with them.

"We must go now. The party starts at 6PM...but the sun will still be up. Her parties go all night. Let's get there at 8:30PM." Archie said. I gave him a thumbs up and all 3 of my friends left.

I laid back on my bed and sighed. I heard my mom call my name. I ran downstairs and hugged her.

"You're awfully in a good mood. What happened today?"

"Mom, I need to ask you something."

"Ok."

"There's a party tonight that's my friends are going to and it's a 8:30. It'll be just fine. I won't be out late. Please let me go!"

"Absolutely not, Elizabeth. You ha-"

"You have XP! What if you accidentally fall asleep and can't leave!" I mocked her words. My mom rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"It's at night. There's no sun and I promise I'll be home by 11PM. Let me go, please!" I begged. My mom scoffed.

"Fine, go ahead."

"Omg, thank you so much!" I exclaimed hugging her and then I ran upstairs. I looked through my closet and when I found the dress, I started to dance around. I was actually exited to go. I could finally be a normal teenager.