Doctors Appointment

ALICE POV

The next day, Betty had a doctors appointment she was supposed to go to but I go for her. I don't want to risk her in the sun. It wasn't a checkup, just an interview on how things were going. I got there and went to the room where Dr. Patel was.

"Hi Ms. Cooper." He smiled. I smiled and shook his hand. I took a seat and waited for the interview to start.

"How's Elizabeth's life at home?"

"She's very active. She's cooking and writing and dancing around the kitchen. She's a very lively girl." I said. He took out a notepad and pen and started writing my words down.

"How's her personality like most of the time?"

"She's a very happy girl. She's just like any other teenager."

"Has she been taking any other medication? Besides the ones we prescribe her?"

"No."

"One last thing...any exposure to the sun at all?"

"Absolutely not. We all know to keep Betty out of the sun for her own safety. She has not been in the sun at all." I said standing up. Dr. Patel got up also and handed me the sheet I needed to sign.

"Elizabeth really should be coming to these appointments with you. She's the patient after all."

"I rather be safe than sorry." I nodded and signed the paper and handed it back.

"She's reached that age we talked about. When she's gonna want to explore the world. She's gonna meet a boy one day or want to start going to parties or-"

"Betty has been going to parties and hanging out with a boy. They've been going on dates. She also doesn't want to tell hi about her XP. I have no clue what to do?" I sighed.

"I would meet the boy immediately to see if he legit likes her. She really needs to tell him about her XP as soon as possible though. It's better if he knows."

"You've met Elizabeth. She's one of the most stubborn people on the planet! I told her to tell him, but she feels like a disease. I can't fix that. She's not a disease and I don't know what will make her think otherwise. I can't let her get hurt."

"You need to face the fact that Elizabeth is not 5-years old anymore. She wants to see the world and have a lover. It's no longer, 'let's go outside! Oh wait, I can't.' You need to meet the boy at least. I'm afraid our session is over. Have a nice day."

"Thank you, you too." I said and I walked out. I got to my car and I sat. I started to cry and I felt my heart sink. Deep down I knew he was right. I knew from the day she was born that I was going to lose her at an early age. It's just a matter of time. I drove home and tried to cover up my tears. I pulled in the driveway and got out of the car. I slowly shut the car door and went inside. I saw Polly, Betty, and Chic eating pizza.

"Hey mom, we ordered Pizza. Do you want some?" Betty asked. I shook my head went into the kitchen.

"How was the appointment?" Betty asked shoving a piece of pizza into her mouth.

"It was...good. Really good. I think I'm gonna take a nap. Polly will you please go get the mail and Betty please pick up this mess."

"Haha!" Chic laughed.

"Chic, you need to vacuum the house and mop it also. I'll be upstairs."

"Don't forget mom, Betty has a date with Jughead Jones. The bad boy of Riverdale High School." Chic smiled. Betty blushed and smiled. It was a truly happy smile.

"We're just going to go to a movie." Betty shrugged.

"Oh please! All teenagers say they're just going to go to a movie. Really they're there to make out." Polly nodded.

"No! He's a nice guy and we're just trying to get to know each other."

"Oh! So you told him about your XP?" Chic asked. Polly slapped Chic on the back and he rolled his eyes.

"I didn't tell him. But it's not a big deal. It's just for a little while. We should all get to cleaning." Betty said. I went upstairs to my room and locked the door. I laid down and cried myself to sleep.