Midnight Sun

JUGHEAD POV(3 weeks later...)

I decided to stop by at the Cooper household before Senior year. It would be nice to see them before I went to school. I knocked on the door and Mrs. Cooper hugged me.

"Hi Jughead, what are you doing here?"

"I'm just stopping by before school. I wanted to see how life was going?"

"Good, and you?"

"I'm hanging in there...I need to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have fallen asleep and kept her out that late-"

"Jughead! You didn't know and it wasn't your fault. Her father and I knew from the time she was born that every day would be a miracle. You made Betty beyond happy. If you come by later, I'll give you a jar with some of her ashes. Make it feel like she's with you all the time." Mrs. Cooper weakly smiled. I nodded and we shook hands. I began to walk away but then Mrs. Cooper stopped me.

"Wait! Betty had 2 things for you! Let me get them!"

I waited outside for a few minutes and then Mrs. Cooper ran to me. She handed me Betty's Diary and there was a tape. I weakly smiled and got in my car. I looked through the diary and she was happy even during her bad times. I knew I would be late if I read the whole journal, so I put it beside me and put the tape in. I began to drive and I heard Betty's voice.

"Hey Jughead, if you're hearing this...it probably means my mom gave you the diary after I died. People say I shouldn't say died...but it's what happened to me. Anyways, I just need to let you know that none of this was your fault. You meant so much to me and I will forever thank you for that day on the boat. I want you to know that I'm forever in sun where I am now that I'll always be with you. When you're having a rough day, just remember...I love you."

The tape stopped and I took it out. I arrived at the school parking lot and got out of the car. I looked at the sun and how it rode up in the air.

"I get the morning sun...but you Betts...you got the rare sun. The Midnight Sun."
————————————————————————
THE END