Party Boy

JUGHEAD POV

I stood in the corner of the living room drinking a beer. There was loud music, people dancing, lots of people drinking. Classic teenage parties.

"Dude, I just got a text from Veronica. She says she's bringing a friend! I hope she's smoking hot. I really need a date." Sweetpea laughed rubbing up to me. Fangs followed him and laughed too. I then saw Cheryl Blossom come up to me.

"Hello Jones, I'm really thirsty. Maybe we can get a beer and talk?" Cheryl smirked.

"I'm not thirsty, I have a drink right now. You can go talk to one of your Vixens, though." I nodded. Cheryl groaned and walked away. That's when I saw Veronica and her friends walk in. There was a blonde girl with curly hair and a blonde dress. I walked up to them and smiled.

"Hey Veronica, Archie, and Kevin. Who's this girl?"

"I'm Betty." She smiled. We shook hands.

"I'm Jughead."

"That's an interesting name."

"I'm an interesting person." I smirked and winked at her. Betty giggled and Veronica rolled her eyes.

"Step Off, Jones. She's my best friend."

"Relax Veronica. I'm not trying to steal your bestie. I could if I wanted to though." I chuckled. Veronica punched me in the shoulder and Betty laughed. We all went our separate ways until I saw Betty leaving the party.

"You're sneaking away. What would Veronica think?" I asked.

"I think Veronica is way too drunk to notice. She'll be passed out on the floor in no time." Betty said. We both laughed.

"Can I walk you home?" I asked. Betty smiled and nodded. We left and began to walk down the street.

"Why haven't I seen you at school?" I asked.

"I've been homeschooled my entire life. I've always had a hard time focusing."

"It surprises me that I've never seen you riding your bike or playing at the playground." I shook my head.

"I'm a homebody. What can I say?" Betty smiled and I chuckled.

"What do you do for fun? What's you're family like?" I asked again.

"Well...my grandma and I were really close when I was young. She passed away when I was 9-years old. My dad and I always liked to fix cars together but he passed away when I was 14-years old. My sister and brother are twins and we're seniors this year. There names are Polly and Chic."

"I do know them! Polly is the hot cheerleader and Chic is a football player."

"Anyways, I love to write and cook. They are hobbies of mine I really enjoy. I also like to fix cars, keeps me close with my dad.  I'm really boring, so there's nothing else to say. What about you?" Betty asked. I shrugged and looked at the ground.

"My dad is a construction worker and my mom is a bartender. I have a littler sister named Jellybean and she's in 6th grade. I love to write and eat. So if you cook and I eat, then I guess we make a really good team." I laughed. We both laughed.

"So when are you gonna suck it up and ask for my phone number?" Betty asked. I smirked and she gave me her phone. I gave her mine and we made our contacts.

"Do you wanna get lunch tomorrow at noon?" I asked. Betty hesitated and shook her head.

"I'm actually really busy during the day...but I'm free tomorrow night." Betty smiled.

"That's perfect. We can go to Pops tomorrow at...6PM?"

"8PM. I'll see you there." She smiled. We walked the rest of the way without me and I smiled to myself. She's really pretty and funny. I can't screw this up.