Chapter Fourteen - Declarations and Letting Go

I promised three chapters abi? I wonder how our politicians are able to make false promises and sleep at night. Me that promised common three chapters, my heart ave been doing me gbim gbim since. Anyway, here's your reward!!! Oh and THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!! GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

************************************
"I just need you to know that this is hard for me. You're here badgering me with words and actions day in day out, and you make me want to believe. You make me want to let go, but Bayo, I've done that before. I was a fool in love and when it all came crashing down, i was the biggest loser. I don't know if I can love you the way you need me to or the way you want me to. I'm struggling to trust you, its not you, it's me, i know that, but it doesn't keep my paranoia at bay... I'm trying, i really want this."

Bayo smiled, pulling Tseju closer so that they're almost breathing the same air, he wraps his beefy arms around her waist. "I'm in love with you Tseju Anne Mobijilade."

"I know that." She replied, pulling away from him as her eyes searched his to see if the honesty in his words would shine through his eyes like they usually do in cliché romance novels. Well, nothing was sha shinning in his eyes, but she didn't miss the strains of sincerity in his voice.

Bayo cocked his head to the side and smiled. "No, you don't. You think i find you hot, which by the way i do. You're incredibly attractive and any hot blooded straight maybe even gay man would be attracted to you, but that's not what i mean. I mean it's part of it, but it's not the basic thing."

"So what then do you mean?" For a girl who was certainly tired of mere physical attractions, Bayo's words were like honey to ants. She felt the pull to know more, to hear more.

"Tseju, I've met girls... Hot ones, smart ones, Latinos, Brits, African American, Nigerian... I've met women who command the attention of a room full of both sexes when they walk in, but Tseju, i swear you're the only woman who has commanded and held my attention long enough for me to get on a plane every Friday night straight outta class just to spend two and a half days with you."

"Bayo i..."

"Tseju, i want to know you. That's what i mean when i say i love you. I want to know you from your favourite make up brand, favourite fragrance, favourite series, allergies to your past, your fears, your hopes, what makes you tick. I want to know all about you, so i can understand you better, so i can express my love better. Also, when i say i love you, it means i choose you. My heart is locked on you for life, so buckle up girl, you're stuck with me." He said, pulling her in and placing a firm kiss on her forehead like a kings seal on an agreement. In his heart, he knew he could not fully explain to her why he loved her for it was something he himself hadn't completely wrapped his head around, but he knew one thing. Love was commitment, and he was willing to commit to this one person.

Later that evening as the sun packed its bags to vacate the skies before the big beautiful moon took up residence, Tseju lay on her bed, gushing about Bayo's abrupt declaration to her mother. "He told me he loved me."

"That's not surprising, certainly you already knew this." Mrs Mobijilade replied on the other end of the call.

"I did. But the way he said it mommmmm..." Tseju said, turning on the bed so she was staring at the ceiling as she replayed that particular scene over and over again in her minds theater. "It was different mom. It sounded strong and fleshy not scrawny and weak."

"Hehe his love sounds like him. Well, that's a good thing isn't it?"

"I suppose..."

On the other end of the phone Mrs Mobijilade smiled a weak smile, already knowing what the root cause of her daughters insecurity was. "You're afraid he's gonna be like your father?"

Silence, the type that spoke volumes.

"My darling... Your father's decision to leave does not tell on the entire male race you know? There are good men."

"But mommmyyyy!!! Menaskum!" The voice of Tseju's insecurity whined through her voice.

"Stop that! You have brothers, are they scum? Uncle Mide, is he scum?" Mrs Mobijilade scolded.

"I don't wanna get hurt again mommie. I don't."

Mrs Omawunmi Mobijilade heaved a deep sigh, one that was triggered by archived pain and just a little bitterness. "My dear," she began, and on the other end of the call, Tseju sat up on the bed, taking a lotus position. She knew her mother was about to drop some serious life advice as e dey hot. "

"I loved your father with everything, everything in me, and that's not something I regret. He meant the world to me, he was my everything and that was the mistake that i made. Never make a man your everything. As a matter of fact, never make anyone your everything. They can be the icing on the cake, the cherry on the cake, but they should never be the cake. It's okay to give people the keys to your happiness, but make sure you always have a spare key. And feel free to change the locks from time to time." She paused for a minute then resumed. "So, love dear girl, because what is life without a heart beating to the rhythm of another's?"

"Oh mommy... I wish i could hug you right now. Doan come back ohhhhh!! I've stayed too long without you. I'm missing you madly."

"Issalie! You're just missing free food."

"Woman! Did you just call me cheap?"

"You practically live off me. Yes, I am calling you cheap. Doan get a job and stop leeching off your poor old mother."

Getting up from the lotus position she'd taken, mostly because her thighs had started hurting, Tseju walked towards the AC that her man had gifted her and switched it on. "First of all, you're in the abroad. You've been in the abroad for over 3 months now, so technically you don't count as poor. Secondly, thank you for accepting that you're aging! We all know you secretly dye your grey hair."

Mrs Omawunmi laughed, a low laugh that sounded like her lungs paid dearly for the cost of the laugh. Tseju would have noticed, because she was like that. She noticed a lot of things. She would have noticed that her mother wasn't sounding like herself, but she was too high on the Bayo's declaration to notice.

"Lastly, aren't you supposed to ask me to doan get married so I become another mans responsibility?" Tseju asked as she wore the sweater Bayo got for her on a "whim". Which was obviously a lie, because the black sweater had Bayo's Girlfriend placed strategically on the upper part of the shirt. What was worse was that it was written in Neon yellow, such that it also glowed in the dark. The man was borderline possessive, and it was driving her crazy. But she also loved it sha...

"I'm raising a rich wife, not a leech wife."

"PREACH!!!!!!"

"Mrs Mobijilade, its time for your drugs." A new soft ladylike voice joined in the conversation.

"Huh?" Tseju's heart almost stopped beating in its cage. Her mom was sick? "Mom? Who is that? What drugs? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" Her heartbeat had now accelerated to an erratic dance and she could already feel a headache coming on.

"Yes yes, everything is fine. Was feeling a bit under the weather and decided to go see a doctor. Nothing serious." Her mom replied in a soothing tone, attempting to displace the worry from her daughters mind. Once Tseju starts worrying, it was a fast countdown to the girl falling sick, and it always started with a headache.

"Are you sure? Why didn't you tell me when i called?"

"Because i didn't want you to worry as you're already worrying. I'm fine okay? Now i have to go. I love you my child, but the work done dey hard so ejo let Bayo love you. And not a word of this to your brother. Bye baby." Click.

***********************************
I'm writing a letter to the author!!! If anything!! And i mean anything happens to Mrs Mobijilade!! We riot!! Whose with me?

Are there people who think Tseju is being overly dramatic with the whole trust thing? I mean her father left, one heartbreak ehen??
Keep reading ohhh... Maybe you'll understand why soon.

Y'all are also wondering wetin Bayo love for inside Tseju when una never see abi? Read onnnnnn, you shall soon know.
Ehennnn oh
VOTE! COMMENT AND SHAREEEE!!!