Chapter Twenty One - Eye Of The Storm

VickyReid33, Sinetimore, sophie_bae, ChristianaAyodeji et all, i couldn't sleep well because of you guys😂😂
By Jove!! I received more notifications from Wattpad than another app these past few months. It was either someone was voting or commenting or leaving a message!!!
That was my alarm clock for Wattpad, constantly reminding me that i have unfinished business here😂😂 and indeed here i am. I yaff come and drop it as it's hot. Enjoy!

_______________________________
Amidst the pleasantries passing between daughters and father, Tseju hadn't left Bayo's side. She had gotten up in a show of respect, and now she stood beside him, watching the open display of love between daughters and father.

Mr Ayodeji turned his tired smiling face from his daughters and addressed the unidentified young lady in the room. He of course knew who she was. "You must be Tseju." He said, walking towards her.

Tseju managed a weak smile in return. "Yes sir."

"Won't you ask me how i know who you are?"

"Errhm... how do you know sir?" She asked.

"Well, besides the fact that my presence was not able to pull you away from my son, I've also seen you, severally."

Tseju was shocked and confused and it showed on her face. "Where?"

"In pictures off course." Mr Ayodeji replied, breaking into a mischievous little chuckle.

Aka and Yemisi facepalmed, rolling their eyes simultaneously. Here we go with the dad jokes, they thought to themselves.

Tseju noted that the dimples that drove her crazy in Bayo's face was a replica of the ones on his dads face. "Oh!" She said, breaking into a lite laugh of her own. "Okay, i see what you did there."

"Really? Good thing to know my grand kids won't need glasses to see the point."

Tseju laughed. The other two girls laughed too.

Bayo's dad pulled the chair closest to the bed and sat facing his son and the room fell into a comfortable silence.

"So, uhhh... how was your trip sir?" Tseju asked.

"First of all, none of that "sir" business. I reserve that for the people whose livelihoods i sponsor with my weekly pay checks. You can call me Ayo, Deji, Jacobs, Jay Jay, Jay. Heck, you can call me papa if you want. Just no sirs. You're family, we don't do that here." He smiled. His papa came out sounding like paw paw in oyibo accent "paawpaaw."

"Oh wow. That's very uhhh... uhh... informal."

"Well, yes. That's how family relations should be. Or if...if you're uncomfortable with that, you can," He paused to think of a better alternative. "Well, you can call me Mr Jay."

"Ohhh okay," Tseju nodded in agreement. "Mr Jay is better."

"Or MJ? I mean Mr Jay is great, but MJ is greater." He smiled again. He kept on smiling.

"But you're not Micheal Jackson." Tseju said, attempting a joke.

"Ugh!!! Don't encourage himmmmmm!" Yemisi and Akande growled, knowing fully well that their father was about to unleash his dad jokes upon them.

"Ahhh!!!" He exclaimed smiling. "Weak one, but she's got some jokes. Good to know my grandkids gonna have a good sense of humour. I for one think one's ability to give and take jokes is an accurate gauge of their smartness."

"Okaayyy...." Tseju didn't know what to make of Bayo's dad. She'd truly never met another man like this. From stories, she knew he was a man of agreeable wealth and held some great influence in Nigeria despite being in diaspora. But here he was, acting informal and making dad jokes despite the situation at hand. She immediately decided that she liked him.

"So the Dr says, aside from a dislocated shoulder, he's perfectly okay, no concussions, so you're spared the romantic tragedy where he wakes up and doesn't remember who you are," MJ(We've agreed to call him that now abi?) said, his smile crinkling the edges of his eyes again.

Yemisi and Aka rolled their eyes in mock exasperation. "Dadddddyyy!!!"

Tseju smiled back, not missing the warmth present in the wide smile. Her observation was not far from the truth. Mr Ayodeji Jacobs was indeed a very warm man. It was his healthy relationship with his emotions that set him apart from the multitude of suitors and caused his late wife to slip and fall desperately in love with him.

"Okay okay," AJ gesticulated with his hands as tho he were attempting to hush an orchestra, "no more dad jokes."

Tseju's smile deepened and grew into a lite laugh. She was grateful for the presence of Bayo's father. He had somehow managed to further lighten the tension in the room. Trust men to not act like women and be worrying upandan. She thought to herself.

But she wasn't entirely correct. Mr Ayodeji Jacobs had been immensely troubled by the news of his sons accident and even after Dr Emeka's assurance that Bayo was okay, the cloud of worry hanging over him had not cleared. It didn't clear until he walked into the room and saw his son for himself.

"So, whose hungry?" He asked.

"Me! Me!! me!!!" Aka chirped, suddenly overwhelmed by hunger. "Oh God! I'm starving!!! Worrying drains tho!!!"

"Next time you decide to stay out late without telling me about it, i hope your brain replays this statement of yours, and i hope your conscience prompts you to call."

"Dadddyyy!!!"

"I'm just saying," he threw his hands up in the air laughing. "Anyways, we passed a restaurant on the way, I'll go get us something to eat."

"I'll come daddy."

"Me too."

"I'll stay, in case he wakes up."

AJ smiled. "In that case, shall i take your order miss?" He asked with a mock Brit accent, half bowing.

Tseju smiled. Aka and Isi giggled.

Her "order" was taken and thirty minutes later, the four of them sat, devouring their food.

The sound of mouths munching was interrupted when Tseju's phone rang. She got up, expecting it to be either Ada or Tessy for she hadn't spoken to them since she got to the hospital.

It was neither of them. It was her mother calling.

______
Hehehe!!! Cliffhanger of life😇😇
Sha what do you think about Bayo's father?