Chapter Twenty Five - Reunions

"Oof! Fragile. Please handle with care ohh." Mrs Mobijilade replied laughing.

"Fragile keh! You this woman, you have a lot of explaining to do but first, I'm sooooo happy to see you!!!" Tseju said, still whisper screaming, arms around her mothers body, sneaking as much warmth and expensive perfume she could from the beautiful old woman.

"I'll step out now, give you guys some privacy." Mayo said, rising from the chair and making his way out of the room.

"No no, please stay." Mrs Mobijilade beckoned to Mako. "Tseju needs a bath, change of clothes and proper sleep. I'm here to ensure that she gets that." Mrs Mobijilade said, ignoring the growing look of dismay on Tseju's face.

"No no mommy! I'm staying here. I can't leave him like this."

"Yes, you can my dear. He's surrounded by friends and family. He's in good good hands. You'll only be gone for some time." She soothed.

"Yea Tee. No need to feel guilty or worry. This is not one of those romance movies where you have to stay beside your man till he wakes. Like your mom said, he's surrounded by family and friends. He'll be fine. Plus, he already woke before." He noticed Tseju was about to disagree so he added the sucker punch, "Plus, Bayo would want you to get some rest. So go. He won't be awake for another 4 to 5 hours anyways."

Tseju looked from her mom to Bayo to Mako and from Mako to Bayo again. She knew Mako was right. Bayo would want her to get some rest. "Okay fine!" She said, resignation evident in her voice. "I'll go. But I'll be back before he wakes."

"We'll be expecting you." Mako winked and got up to get the door for daughter and mother.

"Oh don't forget your jacket." Tseju caught him by the arm just as he reached her. She handed him the jacket and pressed in to give him a quick side hug. "You're the best human pillow ever."

"Don't let Bayo hear that." Mako laughed. He turned to Mrs Mobijilade as she passed the door and gave a small bow. "I'll see you later ma."

She smiled back at him. She normally would have been more friendly, but she was exhausted and struggling not to show it.

Tseju noticed this too but did not comment on it. There would be plenty of time to talk at the hotel.

Tseju stood waiting for her mom in the lobby of J Okoh's Prestigious Hotels and Suites while she secured a room for them. She was about dialing up Ada when she spotted a face she hadn't seen in ages.

"CHINAZA????" She squealed in serious shock!

Chinaza John Okoh, a dark skinned half Igbo, half Yoruba 5'6 melanin goddess stopped in her path and squealed in response, "MOBIJILADE?"

"CHINNEY BABY!!!!" Tseju squealed right back with more energy and enthusiasm.

"Oh my! It's really you!!!" She screamed this time, both palms shaking like they were on fire and she was trying to put the fire out through vigorous shaking. You know that things girls do na.

Bodies slammed, short thick girl into tall slim thick girl. The squealing continued, echoing around the empty lobby as they jumped upandan in excitement. Finally out of breath, they pulled apart and the barrage of questions began.

"Oh my goodness!!! Girllll!! It's been a minute!" Chinaza aka Chinney Baby said, flipping her waist length box braids out of her face. The girl was always in box braids, for she was too darn lazy to actually do anything else with the hair.

Chinaza and Tseju had been classmates and close friends in high school. After graduation, Chinaza went on a post secondary school congratulatory tour to Asia and fell in love. She settled down into a university in Korea and never looked back. But, local girl missed Nigeria a lot! Even tho this writer really does not understand why.

"Yessoo!! It's been ages!!" Tseju replied just as her mom came back with the keys to their suite.

Mrs Mobijilade recognized Chinaza. She remembered the girl from high school who spent as much time in her house as she did in the Mobijilade house.

The girls continued their back and forth exchange of information aka gist, filling each other up about everything that had happened since they separated. Mrs Mobijilade followed closely behind, exhausted and weary about the conversation she was about to have with her daughter.

After they had exchanged numbers and social media IDs, Chinaza excused herself, promising to hit Tseju up for a girls day out before she traveled back.

Tseju freshened up, changed into the clothes her mother had bought from a nearby boutique, ate from the food her mom brought for her; vegetable seafood sauce and sweet potatoes. As they ate, they engaged in a light conversation adjourning the discussion of the elephant in the room to when they were done eating.

After the food had settled down, Tseju no longer able to bear the suspense and worry brewing in her heart, blurted out, "Please tell me it's not cancer."

_______

Heyyyy guysss!!! AtinyStayArmyZen hope you like🤗🤗🤗

Anyways, I apologise for the late update, work has been mad oh! Plus I'm having the craziest health scare too so if it's not too much to ask, please add this writer to your morning, afternoon or evening prayers. Grazié. 🤗♥️

And I haven't done this in a while because the best readers that any writer could ask for haven't given me the need to, but please keep the comments coming in. I love hearing from you guys!!!! All the people who want to order Bayo on Amazon😂😂😂

Plus those who complained about the excessive pidgin, i hope you see that i listened? 🤗🤗