Chapter Twenty - Love May Be Thicker Than Blood and Water

Tseju could feel the hands of both Akande and Yemisi attempting to lift her from the floor. She'd forgotten she was on the floor. From the minute her eyes found Bayo's sleeping body on the bed, two words had formed a melody in her mind and she had been trapped, dancing to the soothing melody of the words; He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. He's okay.

Bayo was okay. He was fine. He was alive. A little banged up, but he was alive. His right arm was in a cast, but he was alive. She felt the warmth of relief gush forth and flood her and she succumbed to the thrall of its comfort. Her chocolate man was fine. He was okay!

Placing herself on the small of the bed, she wrestled with the urge to touch his face or touch him at all, in fear of hurting him by mistake, and so she just sat there staring at his face willing him to wake up so she could lose herself in his eyes. Wrestling the urge to lay on him, she placed a kiss on his forehead and whispered. "God! You're in so much trouble when you wake up!"

"Seriously???" Yemisi asked, becoming quickly engulfed in a fit of laughter. She'd been so sick with worry that her mind heartily jumped at the opportunity of comic relief.

"First of all, you cry all the tears we," Akande beckoned between herself and Yemisi, "His actual family would have cried, and now you're gonna do the scolding his own father is traveling miles to do?? Girlllll selfishness is not a good color on you." She finished.

For the first time since Tseju woke up after passing out from the shock of finding out that her mother was MIA, she smiled.

"He's getting a driver and that's final. Also, the driver is going to be an old greying woman whose heart rate would spike up really high if she drove too fast."

"Ahhh Tseju. If you wanted us to give your ol granny a job, alls you had to do was ask. You didn't have to wait for my brother to get his clumsy ass in an accident first."

"Ha ha, very funny." Tseju deadpanned.

"I have two questions." A deep baritone voice very familiar to the two sisters rang clear from the doorway. "Why are we hiring a granny and whose granny are we hiring?" The tall beefy bald man asked still standing at the doorway. He wore a tired smile on his face and as soon as his eyes conveyed the message from the hospital bed to his brain, they became slightly wet with relief.

Two heads spun at breakneck speed, mouths opened and screamed in unison "Daddddiiieee!!!!!!" The screams were closely followed by bodies flying as humanly quick as possible until they came to a soft landing in the open and outstretched arms of Mr Femi Ayodeji Jacobs.