Chapter Twenty Three - Love Means I Choose You

zeerahzee enjoy 💖💖

"Love is in the heady rush of emotions eroding common sense. I hope this makes sense, but it's also in the steady lull of emotions enabling common sense." _ MelaninPlusJesus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The veil of night at its thickest is adorned by a gazillion stars burning bright for the world to see, a truly breath taking sight. On the night of a full moon however, everything else fades into oblivion and the moon becomes the center of attention.

This was the same effect Tseju had weaved on Bayo ever since she came into his life. It's not like she was all he thought about, for he thought about a lot of other things, mostly work. But, she permanently occupied fifty percent of his mind while everything else shared the remaining fifty percent.

As Mako put it, "Bruv! This chicka has you whipped!" Indeed, he was whipped!

"Yea no kidding." Mayo chimed in, unpinning the middle button of his blazer and dropping into the sit opposite Mako.

"You're about to make such a huge decision for a girl who doesn't even know about it. What if she doesn't even want you doing this?" Bello asked, his thick brows raised to amplify the question in his eyes.

Through the 40 inch LED screen hosting the conference call between the four friends, Bayo could clearly see the question in the eyes of his trusted friends, and for what was probably the millionth time since he arrived at this decision, he doubted himself again.

Sighing softly, he answered, "It's not just about Tseju. I mean, yea sure she's a huge influence but whether it works out with her or not, the company still benefits from this decision."

"Besides, you should have seen the look on her face when i told her that my program ended in a month... It cut me. I don't even know why it hurt her, but bruv! I don't ever wanna be the reason for that look. And this whole long distance thing? Nah bruv. I'm a hands-on lover. Not for me at alll."

"It's a huge one man. You sure your old man is gonna be down for this?" Mako, the usually erratic one asked, rather serious. Although, he actually did not like Nigeria as a country and he wanted nothing to have to do with it, he knew that there was no convincing a man in love.

Bayo smiled, scratching his beard. "The old man dropped his fathers name for love, you think he would stand in the way of my love? Nahhh."

"But y'all are mad lovers in your family tho bro. I'll give you that." Bello said.

"But brooo. What is it about Tseju?" Mayo leaned forward, his right arm resting on the jet black conference table, faced scrunched as a witness to the seriousness of the question.

"Took the words right outta my mouth bro. What's it about her? I mean she mad shapey and smart. Plus she fun to be around, but you've met, and this is in no way to spite your girl bro, but you've met women who were more. What is it about this one in particular?" Bello asked.

If this author were present at the time of the call, she'd have answered Bello in a sing song voice, "He likes this girl in particular." But alas! She's stuck writing the book.

"Shawty got him wipped on some Nigerian juju!!" Mako replied, laughing at his dry stereotypical joke. Alas, if this author had been in that rooooommm!

"Yeaaaa broooo." Mayo chuckling in that deep baritone way rich Nigerian chiefs with pot bellies chuckled. "I hear that's why dem musicians want Folake to give them love oh!!!" He winked at Mako who was now clutching his sides laughing.

"Just wait till she hears about this one. Y'all know you haven't finished paying for calling her a fire breathing dwarf dragon." Bello deadpanned, although he too was internally chuckling.