Part two, chapter 3 (1)

After a long boring day at the café, I couldn't think of anything worse than going out, which just happens to be exactly what Layla has planned for us tonight. 'You don't want to be trapped at home with that homeless guy, come out and mingle, it's been a while.' she had said when she had walked passed holding a tray with two coffees a hot chocolate and a walnut cake. So, of course I gave in.

Maybe she is right. I can't wait around forever, Jessie is gone, end of.

Rushing home, I mentally plan out an outfit for tonight before realising, I have done no washing for at least two weeks and all my good clothes at shoved in a pile in front of the washing machine.

What to wear, what to wear.

Shoving the front door open, I'm greeted to an empty house.

'Hello?' Nothing. Maybe he decided to go for a walk. All his things lay in a pile to the side of the sofa. I can't help but feel the erge to snoop. I know I shouldn't but if a stranger was staying in your house wouldn't you want to know what their business is? He might not even be homeless, after all we found him beat up in the park, he could be rich for all I know.

Instincts kick in and I undo the zip to his ruck sack. Nothing but a few spare clothes, a phone charger and an empty packet of monster munch. Then, at the bottom of his bag, I find his passports. Yes passports, meaning two. Identity thief? One British and the other... I turn the second passport over to see its Australian. Confused, I open the passport to see if in fact it has been stolen.

But I see the name and can't believe my eyes. I check the British passport and the name matches.

No, he left. He's gone. This man is not him.