10

"Hey remember a few days ago in the hospital Peter mentioned something about a holiday?" Bucky asked throwing some popcorn in his mouth as you rested your head on his shoulder watching a tv show together. Bucky made a habit of coming over to your house or having you come over at least a few times a week, it was weird because you saw each other in class but you couldn't interact so these were the only times you two could be together.

"Yeah, I remember." You replied.

"What's actually happening? Because I know Peter said he thought I was invited but by the way you reacted I know I obviously not-" Bucky began but you interjected.

"Wait hold up." You said sitting up and turning to face Bucky. "Don't say it like I hate you, the only reason I didn't mention anything was because Tony will be there." You explained.

"That's what I don't get, why is Tony so invested in your life? He's always there? We have to sneak around but you just sit in his office casually talking for hours." You could see how annoyed Bucky was.

"Bucky please calm down." You said.

"Calm down? I'm angry Y/N, I'm jealous of why he gets superior treatment to me." Bucky explained.

"Bucky, Tony is basically my dad!"

"Shit. Wait. Natasha said something about that after Bruce's party, I'm sorry."

"Bucky you need to stop jumping to conclusions." You said gently.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

"It's okay, look the holiday was an idea Peter and I had for May and Tony, we wanted to send them on a cool trip. Then Tony said he wants Peter and me to come but for us to bring plus ones so we're occupied, I'm not allowed to bring Natasha was the only rule Tony gave me."

"And Peter obviously thinks you'll take me because that's logical but he doesn't know I'm your teacher and if Tony knew we would be dead because he hates me." Bucky explained more to himself than to you.

"Exactly." You confirmed.

"Maybe I should just quit?" Bucky proposed.

"No."

"It's fine I don't mind."

"Bucky we've been through this before." You tried to argue.

"The solution to all our problems would be me quitting."

"Who would be my teacher?"

"Okay that's a good point. Fuck. There's no way round this." Bucky complained. You proposed to drop the subject, the two of you continued to watch the show in a comfortable silence but the conversation still held a presence there in the back of your mind. It wasn't that you didn't want Bucky to come, you really did. But it wasn't logical, not only did Tony dislike Bucky but he also knew that Bucky was your professor, knowing those two facts you were more than certain Tony would make the two of you break up. You fell asleep while overthinking the situation in your mind, only waking up when you felt a weight shift beneath you, you looked up to see Bucky standing up and cleaning up the coffee table. "It's fine Buck I'll do that in the morning." You said and he chuckled lightly.

"In other words you'll be late to class." He replied putting the dishes in the sink and begging to wash them.

"It's okay I'm pretty sure the professor likes me, so I can get away with it." You day standing up and picking up a tea towel to dry the dishes Bucky was washing.

"He is doing your dishes."

"Steve's not doing my dishes?" You retaliated making Bucky laugh and shake his head. When you finished doing the dishes Bucky pecked your forehead lightly before saying. "I'm gonna go." You wrapped your arms around him and pouted. "You're not going to stay?" You asked sadly. "I can't tonight doll, I have too much work to prepare for tomorrow." He said letting go and going to grab his coat, and put his shoes on, something felt off about his behaviour, when you looked into his eyes he seemed lost. "Are you sure everything's okay Bucky?" You asked walking up near him. He stood up and smiled gently wrapping his arms around you and resting his head against the side of yours. "Work is just stressing me out 'tis all." He replied before kissing you one last time to say goodbye.