Intro: Madison Arianna Gill

Hi, my name is Madison, Maddie for short. This is the story of my very messed up & confused life. My mom died when I was about 9. She was my best friend, I could tell her anything and everything. When she was dying of this outrageous and horrible disease called cancer, she always said 'close your eyes and count to ten. When you open your eyes it'll all be over.' I did this very often.. 8 years later and I still do this all the time..

My dad's a total nut case. He's a raging alcoholic who knows no boundries. He's out every night so I'm basically left to care for my 4 year old sister, Marie, and my 10 year old brother, Alexander. I tried to have a normal teen social life, but with my dad never being home it's hard sometimes..

I'm 17 years old. I have a job even though it isn't needed because my family is well, rich. My mom was a very successful business owner, therefore when she passed she left us a lot of money. I go to Woodridge Bay high school. I'm considered to be very popular, and i have a lot of friends although, sometimes i feel very alone. I'm captain of my school basketball and softball team. I've lead my softball team to states 3 times and won 2 times. I've also lead my basketball team to states 3 times and won 3 times.

I loved my family and all, but sometimes I just want to get away. Get away from my alcoholic father anyways.. I have a step mom named Elissa and she's extremely fake. She's just using my dad for the money and i know it. Elissa doesn't care about him at all.. Sadly, has my dad wrapped around her little finger though.

One night i was walking to my car after work and my mouth was quickly covered with a towel that had a very unfamiliar substance on it that made me dizzy. I closed my eyes and started counting.

1...2...3...