Slow Days

1 week later

••Maddie's POV••

Ever since that night outside Luke and Jason haven't talked too eachother much at all. A few hi's, what do you want for dinner, and small things like that, but never a real conversation. Lately none of us have been doing much. Luke would go to meetings and Jason would stay with me. I was never left alone and i didn't like that. I didn't want to be alone to try to run. No. I wanted privacy. I wanted to watch tv without someone watching my every move. I wanted to take a shower for more than 15 minutes without Jason walking in to see if i tried to get out or not.

I sat at the kitchen counter eating soup when Luke came and sat next to me. He smiled at me softly and kissed the side of my head. I'm not really sure what's going on between the two of us. There's no way i can like him because afterall he was a kidnapper and a murder. But i can't hate him because he's been helping me. He takes me shopping, sometimes to get fast-food, and every once in a while for a walk or a jog. Luke was very nice to me, whereas Jason doesn't talk to me anymore. Even after i talked back to him and broke that rule he never punished me as he said he would.. Jason doesn't even try to sleep in the same bed as me anymore either. I sleep in my room and he sleeps in his. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luke snapped his fingers in my face before i snapped out of the trance i seemed to be in.

"Sorry.. what?" i mumbled.

He chuckled softly, "i just wanted to say good bye because i'm going away for the next 2 weeks for some gang stuff, so you'll be here with Jason."

I hated that he was leaving me. I didn't want to be alone with Jason. I nodded, "okay.. be careful and hurry back. We both know Jason isn't very fond of me.."

"I'll be home before you know it, babe," Luke replied while kissing my cheek. He stood up and so did i. I wrapped my arms around his torso to give him a hug and i laid my head against his chest.

"I'm gonna miss you," i said softly. I felt weird saying it, but it was the truth. I would miss him. He's the only one who gives a shit about me.

"You'll be fine, Maddie. If you need anything, anything at all, i put a phone in your nightstand drawer in case of emergencies. My number and Jason's number are the only ones in there, but i'm trying to give you as much freedom as i can right now."

"Thank you Luke," i stood on my tip-toes and kissed his cheek and finally let him go. He carried his stuff outside to the car and left.

Jason came trotting down the steps. He was wearing black joggers, red supras, and a white t-shirt. Lord jesus he's perfect. If only he wasn't such an asshole.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Jason winked at me. I blushed and looked down. "Go get dressed so we can go to the grocery store, there's not shit to eat so i guess we kinda have to."

I nodded and went up to my room. I put on black VS yoga pants, a white v-neck, white converse, and put my hair in a side braid. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs to find Jason on the phone. He turned his attention to me as soon as he heard he come down the stairs. He looked me up and down and smirked. Jason soon hung up and made his way over to me.

"You look hot today," Jason said while chuckling softly. I playfully pushed his shoulder and giggled.

"Let's just go," i replied through my giggling. We walked out to the car and i got in the passenger seat while Jason got in the driver seat.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it's boring this is more of a filler chapter😁