Together

Only because Una knew Morrigan so well after all the months of traveling together could she see the way the other woman's body seemed to ease, as if she had been holding her breath. Morrigan had not been certain she could convince Alistair to do this, and for some reason, that gave Una a sense of satisfaction.

"So, um ... how?" Alistair stammered, feeling very strange. He was standing here in front of his lover—his wife—with her permission, her enthusiastic assent, to have sex with an exotically beautiful woman. That he hated Morrigan didn't seem to make any difference to his body; he could feel himself stirring at the idea of touching Morrigan, who had taunted and tantalized him now for months, despite all his attempts not to look at her or wonder exactly what her brief, loose top was covering.

Morrigan stood up. "It is not complicated. I believe we are all aware that you have developed some ... skill in these areas in recent months. I am certain you will know what to do."

Una stood frozen. Could she stand here and watch this? Could she leave the room and spend the rest of her life wondering what happened while she was gone, if he liked it, if he wanted more? She pushed herself off the wall, making a sudden decision. "Is there room for one more?"

Both Alistair and Morrigan turned to stare at her, startled.

"What are you asking?"

Una swallowed. This was ... not something she would ever have expected, but she needed to be part of it. "Will it harm the ritual if I ... um, join in?"

Morrigan looked at her thoughtfully. "It will not, if you truly wish such a thing."

"Yes, I do."

"Then you are welcome. Perhaps it is as well—Alistair may appreciate having you here in addition to myself."

Alistair looked at her suspiciously, wondering if she was classing him in with men such as the Templar recruits he had spent his teenage years with, whose idea of a good time would have most definitely been a night with two women such as the ones standing before him.

Well, why shouldn't she lump him in with them? If you left aside the dire nature of the fate they were trying to avoid and the potential outcome of this night's events ... he had to admit, a night with two women such as the ones standing before him sounded pretty good. He knew what Una's mouth and hands and body felt like, and that was exciting all by itself, but to add the mystery and darkness of Morrigan ... He licked his lips, and Morrigan smiled, having proved her point.

"How do we start?" Una looked at Morrigan, who smiled.

"I believe it is customary to begin such encounters by disrobing." And she suited the action to the words by shrugging off her loose top and unfastening the brief scrap of breastband underneath it.

It felt as though all the breath rushed out of Alistair's body at the sight of her perfectly formed breasts. He wanted his mouth on those round curves, the pink tips that weren't hardened yet. He wanted to see them wet and shimmering from his kisses.

Una swallowed against the sudden tightness in her chest. This was why she was here, she reminded herself. To watch, to see how deep the tension between her husband and her friend went, to know for herself what occurred between them. And it would ruin it all if she allowed herself to feel threatened by it, at least in this moment. What memories she tortured herself with later would be another question altogether. Quickly, she stripped until she, too, was bare to the waist, and was glad to see an equal hunger in Alistair's gaze as he looked at her.