XXXIX

Later that day, the blonde went home feeling distressed, her body exhausted from everything. She trudged inside her house and slouch her body on the sofa, throwing her stuffs on the ground as she kicked her shoes off of her recklessly. Heaving a deep sigh as she spaced out, her emotions became dull and so is she.

"She doesn't care about me anymore..." Blurting out the words out of nowhere, a tear escaped her eyes unconsciously.

Closing her eyes, her phone went off, indicating someone is calling her. She quickly got her phone out of her pocket and picked it up.

"Hello chipmunk." She greeted dryly and closed her eyes again.

"Where are you, Lisayah?" Chaeyoung chirped, trying to infect her best friend with her mood.

"Home." She simply replied and brought her hand up to her temples.

"Ah okay then open the door." She demanded but Lisa groaned, not in the mood to do anything.

"It is not lock, Chaeng. Just come in." The blonde was quick to drop the call as she lied on her side exhaustingly.

The door burst open revealing her cheerful best friend, smiling brightly at her but Lisa didn't bother to look up, she just heaved a deep sigh. Chaeyoung frowned at her best friend's depressed mood. Shaking her head, she pulled Lisa up and quickly engulfed her in to an embrace. The blonde automatically cried as she buried her face on her best friend's chest, her hands clutching her shirt.

"S-she doesn't c-care about m-me anymo-ore, Chaeng. She-she's happy with hi-him." She bawled her eyes out. Chaeyoung started caressing her back, feeling her heart being in pain too at the sight of her best friend.

"I m-made the wrong decision b-by choosing Yo-Yoda over her. I deserved this, I-I know I do bu-but this is too m-much to handle." She sobbed hysterically, Chaeyoung's shirt getting soaked in her tears but she continued to hold Lisa.

"I-I love Jennie, Chaeng. I re-really do but I realized it too late. I want to tell her b-but I know I will just hu-hurt her more if I e-ever do that." Chaeyouung smiled at the thought of Lisa finally admitting her true feelings but her heart ache at the complications of the situation of them.

"It's never too late, Lisa. There is always a perfect timing for that, Jennie Unnie is still not over her pain that's why she built a wall for you. We know how much she loves you, Liz. We are the witnesses to that." She tried comforting her best friend but Lisa continued crying like a baby.

"You think so? Chaeyoung she always chooses Jongin o-over me... I lo-lost her for real th-this time. Can y-you see how her eyes light up when she is with Jongin? She i-is happy, she u-used to look at me l-like that. She used to." Chaeyoung shook her head, disagreeing from what Lisa had said.

"Are you silly? If you love someone you can't get over them that fast, Jennie Unnie is the happiest around you. Have you seen her smile when you two are together?" She smiled as she run fingers through Lisa's disheveled hair.

"You are just telling me this to make me feel better." The blonde shook her head vigorously, not believing Chaeyoung's statement.

"No. I'm telling the truth. Just give her time to get over about everything for the meantime, Lisa." The chipmunk heaved a deep sigh. Lisa buried her face on the crook of her neck, feeling herself getting tired of crying.

"No, Chaeng. I can't do that, it's like you are telling me to give Jongin his chance to be with her and I'm not letting that, chipmunk. I won't." She mumbled through her chest, she stopped crying by now. There's no tears left to cry.

"The more I give time, the more Jongin is taking her away from me." She sniffled as she pulled away from the hug and stared sadly at her best friend.