Chapter 1 - Terrible Past + Stress = Badass

^^Hey so this is Clary's and Jon's siblings... ^^

Name, age, appearance

Jonathan(Jon)17 - White hair, green eyes
Clarissa(Clary)16 - Red hair, green eyes
Sebastian(Seb)13 - Blonde hair, green eyes
Seraphina(Sera)10 - White hair, green eyes
Valentina(Val)8 - Red hair, green eyes

The two things that connect our family- Green eyes and love.

Clarissa P.O.V.

I half sighed half groaned as I looked at myself in the cracked mirror. My hair was in a messy bun, and I was barefoot. You could see my Morgenstern mark on my left shoulder. Father had burned a M with stars around it into all of our skin, making us forever remember who we are. My clothes were Shadowhunter gear that me and Jon had stolen. Over the past five years of running and hiding, we had made a living by stealing.

We were all too young to get a job when we first had to run into the mundane world, so me and Jon would put on glamours and steal from mundane shops. It worked though, we kept our siblings alive. Last year when Jon turned 16, he scored a job. We decided to stay in the small town, and we found a small abandoned three-room house at the outskirts of town. So while Jon worked, I stay home and took care of Seb, Sera and Val.

But now they are older and can take care of themselves more, so they help me with the cleaning and cooking. When Jon comes home, we all go into the woods that surround our house and train. We train and train, taking out our anger on trees and rocks. The anger at our father for putting us in this mess, anger at the Clave, anger at the world. Even though Valentina was only 3 when we ran away, she still remembers father's evil smile as he killed mother right in front of us. We're just glad that he didn't kill us before he killed himself. Me and Jon recall as much knowledge about Shadowhunting as we can and tell it to our siblings. But a lot of it is we teach ourselves. With all our anger and skill, we are all extremely good Shadowhunters.

I sigh. Us Morgenstern kids have never had the chance to be kids after what happened. Now we wake up, eat, work, eat, train, clean, eat, go to bed. But it's what we do. It has changed us all. Jon is now more dreary, and I turned into a sarcastic badass. Seb is angry, and Sera is sad. But little Val is the ray of sunshine in our lives. The one that cheers Jon up when he comes home and coaxes him into telling jokes. The one that calms Seb and brightens up Sera's mood. The one that makes me happy. The one that makes us forget, even for a little bit, about our terrible past.

"Clary?" I voice says from the doorway of the girl's room, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turn to see Seraphina.

"Hey Sera." I said attempting to smile. "Is Jon back yet?"

"Yah." She says frowning. "He's in a bad mood. You better talk to him. I'll make dinner." Me and Jon have a special bond, we understand each other and calm each other's pain. We have done everything together, taken care of our siblings, managed to put their first runes on them, trained them, fed them. Last year we were able to figure out how to have a parabatai ceremony without a silent brother and now we're parabatai.

"Alright." I said walking out of the room us girls shared. There was one king bed that we had stolen from a furniture shop that we slept on. "And thanks for cooking dinner." Even for a ten year old, she is a really good cook.

"Anytime." She said smiling as we walked back into the main room. She walked over to our small kitchen. Val was in the corner drawing on paper, and on my way to the boy's room I saw she was practicing her runes. I'm glad she is. She's only eight, but she had begged me and Jon enough that we gave her her first rune about a month ago.

I walked to the boys room, and Jon was sitting on the bed, staring at the floor. Seb was in the corner cleaning off a seraph blade. Him and Jon had went hunting last night. "Seb." I said and he looked up. "Go help Sera with dinner." He got up and left, closing the door.

"Jon?" I said, sitting next to him on the bed. "Whats wrong?"

He looked up at me, and I could see the anger and worry in his eyes. "I got laid off." He said emotionlessly, looking back to the ground.

"Oh no." I said. There was silence for minutes. "Well," I said finally. "We have two options." He looked up to me. "One, we keep stealing until you find a new job. Or two-"

"Clary," he said in a tired voice. "I'm tired of this stupid town. I'm tired of the boys that pass the store and tease me because I don't go to school. Not that I would go to mundie school anyway, but-"

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, in support of whatever he wants immediately.

He looked at me and gave me a small tired smile. "I want to go somewhere big. In a big city we wouldn't get noticed. Maybe we could find somewhere to train too."

I give him a small smile. "How about New York?"

"New York? That's too far away for Sera to transport us there." So we don't know why, but we all have gifts. Gifts normal Shadowhunters can't do. Jon is extremely strong and can take huge jumps, I can create and make runes stronger, Seb can turn invisible, Sera can teleport close-range, and Val can heal anything or anyone that is hurt. And one thing we all have, is that we are all extremely good at fighting. Even Val would be able to take down a normal Shadowhunter that is my age.

"Don't forget about my new portal rune Jon." I said smirking. I had just created the portal rune last year.

"Oh yeah. New York it is then." He said smiling, standing up. "Lets go tell them."

"Sera, Seb, Val?" I called coming out. They all stopped what they are doing to look at us. "So, Jon got laid off, so we decided we're gonna move."

"Oh no." Seb said.

"Where are we going?" Asked Val.

"Well," Jon said smirking. "We were thinking New York, if that's okay with you guys."

"New York!" Sera squealed. "I've always wanted to go there! Yes please! When can we leave?"

I smiled at her enthusiasm. "How about tomorrow?"

Plz plz plz continue reading and vote, comment and follow! Hope you liked it!