Chapter 7 - What's With People These Days And Spying?

Jace P.O.V.

As we walked back to the Institute I replayed our whole interaction with the Morgensterns in my head. From us spying on them, to our deal, to their huge explanation, to us reluctantly bidding goodbye because they looked like they wanted us to leave.

When we got back to the Institute I realized I had been thinking about the girl Clary a lot. Her flaming red hair, and beautiful green eyes, and even how short she was. I couldn't get this beautiful girl out of my head. Beautiful? I repeated in my mind, freezing on the way to my room. I had called many girls hot or sexy before, but I've never used the word beautiful. My thoughts surprised me, but Clary, I realized, was truly beautiful. 

I recovered from my shock and made my way to my room. Flopping on my bed, I realized I probably wasn't going to get much sleep .

I was snapped out of replaying Clary's sass in my head when I hear yelling coming from the room on the right side of mine, Alec's room. I could just make out who I realized were Magnus's words.

"Where were you Alec!" Magnus yelled persistently. "Why can't you tell me?"

"I just can't tell you." Alec said in a small voice.

"What am I supposed to do if my boyfriend can't trust me?" He yelled.

 I tuned out the rest of it until I heard yelling coming from the left side of my room, from Izzy's room. I made out that Izzy was having an argument with Simon that was pretty similar to Alec and Magnus's.

I sighed and hopped in the shower, thankful I didn't have these problems. 

Magnus (Glitter God) P.O.V.

I stomped out of Alec's room. Why didn't he trust me enough to just say where he had been for the last three hours? I had been waiting for him all that time, and when he gets back he can't tell me where he had been? 

I started making my way down the hall when Sheldon comes out of Isabelle's room with an annoyed expression on his face. I had never liked Smedley that much, but his expression intrigued me. "What's wrong?" I asked stopping in front of him.

He looked up from staring at the floor, a surprised look crossing his face as he sees me. "Iz won't tell me where she's been for the last few hours. It just makes me angry she doesn't trust me." He finally said.

I raised my eyebrows. "I was just having the same argument with Alec."

Simon's eyes widened. "Do you have any idea where they went?"

"No." I sighed, looking to the ground.

"We could ask Jace." He suggested.

"If our partners won't tell us, I doubt goldy will."

"You're right." He sighed. Then a sneaky smile crept its way up his face. "What do you say to a little 'spying'?" He asked.

I smirked. "Sounds good." I was bored anyway. "My guess is they'll go out again tomorrow, so we'll both meet outside the Institute at nine-ish?"

He nodded. "We wait until they come out, then we follow them."

I nodded. "Good plan, Sherwin." I said.

"Simon!" He yelled as we parted ways and he made his way down the hall towards the elevator.

I smirked looking back at Alec's door. This was going to be fun.

Clary P.O.V.

Once they left I sighed in relief. My siblings gave me a disproving look. "Oh come on!" I groaned, exasperated. "They were getting annoying with their questions!"

Everyone smirked. I don't know why, but smirking runs in our family. Even Val had a smirk on her little face. "True." Jon said. "I don't like the looks Jace was giving you."

I rolled my eyes. "Goldilocks is not my type." 

"Oh sure Clare." Said Seb. "You kept looking back at him every five seconds." 

I narrowed my eyes at him and they all started laughing. "I did not!" I yelled persistently.

"Oh come on Clary." Val said. "Even me, a little 8-year-old could see it!"

I stared at her. "Well your not like most 8-year-olds. You're too smart for your own good."

"Are you saying I'm right?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"NO!" I yelled, but it was too late. 

Sera had already started singing. "Clary and Jace sitting in a tree!" I glared at her. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes the love,-"

She was cut off by me lunging at her. She ran into the living room, still singing and laughing hysterically. I ran after her, yelling. "You come back you little-" I was cut off by Seb, Jon, and Val laughing uncontrollably behind me. I just huffed and ran up the stairs after her. 

Ok so this was going to be one really long chapter so I just split it in half... anyway plz plz vote and comment I love to hear what you guys think!