Chapter 2 - N.Y. Luxuries

We had all of our belongings in 3 large suitcases and 3 duffel bags. I smirked as I made a portal outside of our small house. I was almost glad to leave this place. The rats were such a bother, even if Seb got them out for me most of the time. "Come on." I said as it opened, and picked up two duffel bags. Sera got the other one, and Jon got two suitcases and Seb got the other. 

We all stepped through the portal, to our new life.

We were immediately hit by the loud noises. We heard traffic, shouts, and just gibberish. I looked around and saw we were in an ally. "We're here!" I said enthusiastically. Everyone was looking around, fascinated. I pulled out my stolen phone and searched for an abandoned building that we could all live in. Preferably somewhere we had space to train in.

After about ten minutes I found an old warehouse that was connected to the a house. The owners had died and everyone seemed to have forgotten about the place. I told the others about it and they all smiled.

We walked the five blocks there, getting some strange stairs from mundanes on the way. I couldn't blame them. I mean, it was five kids of all ages, walking down a city street, lugging there live's worth of luggage, covered in strange tattoos, smiling all the way. Mundies would think that a little peculiar.

We stopped in front of the building. At the right end of the structure it had a garage-looking metal entrance, that looked like the way into the warehouse. A normal door stood at the opposite end, and we went up to it, thinking it was the home part of the building. I set my bags down, and was about to draw an unlocking rune when "Wait Clares!" Val said coming over to me from beside Sera. "I want to do it."

She didn't even wait for my response, just took the stele out of my hands and drew the rune. As the door opened, I smirked. "Good job, Val." I praised.

She smiled happily to herself and we all stepped in. As we dumped our luggage on the floor, I took in my surroundings. There was a staircase to the right, heading upwards. Sera and Val almost immediately started running around the first floor, exploring, then whizzed up the stairs. We could hear their yells. "There are FIVE bedrooms!" Sera squealed. "We can all have our own! There are still beds!" Val yelled happily. I smiled at those two. I was glad to see them so happy.

I turned to the boys, who were smiling as well. "Well I'm going to rune-proof this building." I said walking towards the door. "You guys bring the luggage up and get settled." They did as they were told and I walked around finding exits and putting runes.

On the front door and back door, and the doors in the garage, I put a rune that I created so that only me and my family could enter.

When I was done I headed up the stairs, where Val immediately ambushed me, showing me how we all had our own room with our own bed. Of course the beds were just a cheap iron-brass with a mattress, but to us it was great.

She showed me a room that was in between her's and Jonathan's, and I was happy to see it. This was our new home. I freshened myself with the one bathroom at the end of the hall, that had surprisingly hot water and an okay shower. 

Then I went downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing the duffel bag full of food and kitchen supplies. I decided for something easy and made us all turkey sandwiches. I thanked the angel when I saw that the refrigerator worked. This was the best house we have ever lived in. As I finished Jon and Seb came in with arms full of groceries."Did you ransack the local supermarket?" I asked smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"Not exactly ransack." Jon joked starting to put things away as Seb helped me grab plates. "We borrowed food... food we aren't going to give back."

I rolled my eyes and called Sera and Val for dinner. I finished first and started the dishes, when Jon came up behind me. "You know," He started. "It has been a long time since you had a break." 

I raised my eyebrow and turned around. Our siblings were watching us. "What do you mean?" I asked, suspicious.

"I mean that you need a break. Lets go somewhere tonight. I heard of this club here, it's called Pandemonium. We can hunt demons there to and you can get drunk if you want."

I laughed. "I don't think-"

I got cut off my Sera. "You should go Clares." She said persistently. "You and Jon take care of us so much, you need a night off."

I smiled. They were such a good family. "I love you guys." I said and pulled them all in for a hug. (I know this is cheesy, sorry but it's sibling bonding time:)

"Now put on that sexy black dress you stole from the mall back in Florida." Jon said.

I hit his shoulder. "I borrowed it without returning it." I said, mimicking his words.

Seb snickered and I smiled before heading to my room to get changed. I pulled on the black dress. It was extremely short and had spaghetti-straps. I left my Morgenstern ring that I had around my neck on. We all had one. I pulled on the fishnet tights I stolen from that mall also. Then I pulled on my black heeled boots and shoved two seraph blades into each one. 

I pulled on my leather jacket and put daggers in the pockets. I put a stele in my pocket, as well as a spare one in my bra. Now, you might be wondering how we got all these weapons. Before running from the huge Morgenstern Manor we had ransacked the huge weapons room, taking as many forms of protection as we could carry.

I walked to the bathroom and put on black eye shadow, and mascara. Then I put on some dull red lipstick, earrings and a choker necklace. Yes, I had robbed a beauty parlor. 

I take a step back and look at myself. I look extremely badass. It was awesome.

I walked back down to my siblings, who 'ooh'ed and 'ahh'ed as they saw me. I rolled my eyes and told them Seb was in charge, as me and Jon set out for our night on the town.

Plz continue reading! Vote, comment, and follow!